Chapter 16: Comfortable couch?🌝

The following day, sunlight streamed through the windows, casting a warm glow on the room.

Karan stirred, his eyes opening to the sight of Iraa and Vedang asleep on the couch, their arms intertwined.

A soft smile spread across his face.

Later that morning,

Iraa woke first, carefully disentangling her hand from Vedang's. She stood up, stretching and looking around.

The events of the previous night played in her mind, making her heart feel heavy yet oddly light at the same time.

She saw Karan was already up. She checked on him once and moved towards the kitchen, deciding to make breakfast.

Vedang stirred shortly after, blinking at the empty space beside him. He rubbed his eyes, recalling Iraa's warmth next to him.

He sat up, noticing Karan awake and watching him with a knowing smile.

"Good morning," Vedang said, feeling a bit awkward under Karan's gaze.

"Morning," Karan replied, his smile turning into a smirk. "Comfortable couch?"

Vedang chuckled, feeling a slight blush rise to his cheeks. "Yeah, it's not bad."

Iraa's voice called from the kitchen, "Guys are you up? Breakfast is almost ready. You guys hungry?"

"Starving," Karan replied, trying to sit up.

Vedang quickly moved to help him. "Aaram se oye. Take it slow." Karan smiled sheepishly.

As they made their way to the kitchen, the smell of fresh parathas filled the air.

Iraa had already set the table, her movements graceful and efficient.

She glanced up, smiling at the sight of them together.

"Sit sit," she said, her tone light yet caring.

Vedang couldn't help but admire her. Despite everything, she managed to keep things together. He went to help her.

As they ate, the conversation was light, filled with occasional laughter.

For a moment, it felt like they were a small family, bound together by more than just circumstance.

"Waise when is everyone else returning?" Iraa asked munching on her food. "I didn't check my phone" Vedang replied looking here and there for his phone.

"I talked with them. Waha snow jum gya hai so they will return by evening" he said as the other two nodded.

"Maa ne kitne sawal puche?" She asked giggling. "BOHOT!" Karan said with a exaggerated sigh making both of them laugh.

"Huhhh I can't believe it's been 3 days almost" Iraa said checking her phone.

"I know right abh I can't even properly enjoy then next days because of this cast" Karan huffed.

"koi na we can come again" Vedang said patting Karan's back. "waise bhai...." Iraa started smirking at him.

"someone else asked about you😙" "who?" "You know..." she said again eyeing him when he realised. "Adi-"

"blah blah mind your words someone is next to us" she said pointing at Vedang.
"So what? if he can hit on my sister I can too" he said.

"What the fuc-" Vedang almost chocked on his food said as Karan took his phone and ran away.

"BHAGO MAT!" Iraa shouted while patting Vedang's back who was coughing.

"You fine?" she asked him, unable to control her laugh. He nodded embarrassed.