Chapter 36

"What makes you think that I will die?" Eren widened his eyes and looked at Levi, don't understanding what he was talking about.
"I... I'm not allowed to tell anyone... I'm sorry... But please, Eren, stay alive!"
Eren never saw these emotions from the older man who was always cool and sassy but now he was crying rivers, hugging Eren tightly.
"I'll try my best.", Eren whispered and kissed Levis cheek. "Everything will be ok."

'What happened, that he is so emotional... Has Hanji done something wrong?... '
Questions he would never know came into his mind and he tried to keep them out of his head. 'Everything will be...ok...!'

"I will go on an expedition tomorrow. I have to go early in the morning so please sleep at your bed tonight. I don't want to wake you up." Levi said, still wrapping his arms around Erens body.
"It's ok for me. I don't care if i wake up but please let me stay with you."
Levi looked at Eren and nodded.

"Eren...?"
"What is it?"

"If tomorrow is successful..." Levi wanted to start but the young boy cut his words.
"It's ok. I will be fine. Trust me!"
Levi nodded and kissed Eren passionately. "Please never forget that I love you. I don't know if everything will work and I hope..."
"Levi. Stop talking about that.", Eren interrupted him again.
"I love you too and please calm down. I don't want to see you like that. My heart hurts if you are crying and sad, I want you to be happy. That's the only important thing to me. Just be happy and forget about what is going to happen and just be with me now."

Levi grabbed Erens hair and pulled him closer until their lips met eachother.

"Marry me Eren."