13.

BEWITCHED
(CHILDE X READER)

BEWITCHED(CHILDE X READER)

ᯓ★ - IM SORRY.

"Ajax hi," you called out with a sleepy quiet voice. It was 5AM in the morning and you were on the verge of falling asleep but you didn't wanna lose the chance of talking to Ajax since he was going to be much more busy from now on.

I fucked up, childe panicked his mind. He didn't have the heart to reject your request on calling because he knew you'd recognize his voice immediately.

Until he was reminded of a trick Venti had taught him whenever they'd hangout. Venti was not only a manager but also had a few hidden talents of his own like singing and playing the lyre.

Venti had taught him how to control his voice in an effort to teach him how to sing but Childe never cared too much for those things.

"Hey," Childe finally answered after a long period of silence. He had lowered his voice hoping it wouldn't be too obvious that he was forcing it.

"I can't believe I finally get to talk you."

Luckily for him, you didn't care for anything or question things that didn't matter at 5AM in the morning so you never noticed his voice.

My voice is gonna disappear Childe teared up continuing to strain his vocal cords just to talk to you.

"What are you up to?"

"I'm just lying down on my side talking to you in the dark. I think the sun's gonna rise soon," you answered knowing you were going to regret getting a few hours of sleep later.

"What about you?"

"Sitting down and organizing some packages I received," Childe replied. You hummed wondering how known he was if he was receiving stuff and not to mention he worked with brands.

"You seem successful, isn't that nice?"

"Is it?" Childe questioned it even himself if it was worth it. He looked up at the picture frame that was hung up on the wall.

"You don't like your job?" you remarked, picking up the sadness in his tone.

"I wouldn't say that. Maybe, It's more like I wish I was doing what I wanted," Childe stood up walking closer to his desk.

"Really? What do you wish you were doing?"

"It's just a little kid's stupid dream that was never gonna go anywhere," he chuckled playing it off making you frown.