Boris: Monday, August 1

My palms are sweating. It is my first day on the job. I just graduated last year and was looking for a position as a full time faculty member, but for now, adjunct advisor and janitor will do.

I had been walking all morning looking for coffee. I had heard there was a Starbucks in Straz, but people left out that it had gotten moved. As I searched for a double chocolate chip frappuccino ( hold the frappuccino), I watched the looks of shocked faces as I walked past. It's not unusual for me, no one has ever liked the sight of me. I make them nervous for some reason. I've been told I look like my Aunt Helen, and she is the spitting image of a moose in a flannel.

After hours of searching, I found my drink and rushed back to my new office

After hours of searching, I found my drink and rushed back to my new office. I had a meeting with my first student at 10 A.M.

No one prepares you for being an advisor to your peers. It's hard to be seen as an authority figure when all you are is 1 year older than them. But, I graduated from the University of Phoenix online-top of my class-and I got to where I am now: Carthage College in Kenosha Wisconsin.

There is a knock on my door. My hands are clammy as I thumb the Rubix cube in my left hand, and stroke the jar of jelly in my right.

And then my heart stops beating.

The most beautiful man is in my doorway. His dark, curly locks frame his face. He is wearing a Fleetwood Mac shirt with orange vans, and cow print pants.

And he is standing in my doorway.

"Are you Jack?" I ask.

"Um... Uh yeah, I am." I reply.

"Nice to meet you, Jack! I'm Boris." I gesture to the chair in front of me, but then realize it's covered in beanie babies. I giggle to myself and kick them off.

Jack sits. He takes in the room.

"It looks very different–without Dr. Straz's stuff," he says as he looks at my Ben 10 poster.

" I know this must be difficult for you Jack, but I want to promise you that I will be here for you every step of the way

" I know this must be difficult for you Jack, but I want to promise you that I will be here for you every step of the way. Let me pull up your profile and let's get started."

I pull up his profile, and I see the list of things he is involved in. Not only is he a little scientist, but he appears to be a musician and actor as well.

"Have you always done improv?"

His gaze shifts from the Ben 10 poster to my eyes. His eyes are a beautiful chocolate brown, and I think I saw a sparkle in them.

"Just since college. We have a show this weekend. Sunday at 9 in the Student Union. You should come!"

I look at him and think for a moment.

"I just might," I say.