Boris: Saturday, August 6th

"Ring-ding-ding-ding-dingeringeding!

Gering-ding-ding-ding-dingeringeding!

Gering-ding-ding-ding-dingeringeding!"

Bright lights are flashing and there are tables dispersed throughout the Jockey Rooms.The dance floor is crowded and students who are obviously under the influence are everywhere. It's loud. I can't hear my own thoughts as the music blares.

I got asked to chaperone this event by John Swallow. He said he was too busy to show up, and that if people asked, I was the president that night.

So, I put on a prom dress from the 2000's I thrifted, my Kentucky Derby hat, and I was off. It was not how I wanted to spend my Saturday night, but I am getting paid in Birdie Bucks.

I am manning the punch bowl, when PJ comes up to get a cup

I am manning the punch bowl, when PJ comes up to get a cup. She's staring at me, not saying a word.

"Hi, PJ! You look great" I say.

"Uh, thanks. I like your hat" she says. She chugs it, and hands back the cup. "Can you fill this up again?"

"Yes, of course," I respond. As I am filling up her cup again, Payton saunters up.

"Where is your badge?" says Payton.

"What?" I spew out.

"Your badge. I'd like to see it. Now"

"Payton, what are you talking about?"

"I don't know, what am I talking about...agent"

"Have you had too much of the cheese?" I ask.

"I have had a standard amount, thank you very much" says Payton. He looks at PJ, and she whispers something to him. She chugs her cup, and sets it down. They gallop to a corner. Like, literally, they gallop.

Odd. What is Payton saying? Agent? Agent of what?

As they start playing the National Anthem, someone taps my shoulder from behind. I turn, and there is Jack, staring at me. He is wearing a floral print shirt, and it's tucked into some khakis. It is simple, but he looks good.

He looks amazing.

He looks upset.

What did I do? All we did was sleep on hard concrete. My neck still hurts. I have only been able to look to my right for the past 2 days.

"Can we talk?" he asks.

"Can it wait? I'm on punch duty." I say.

"No" He grabs my hand, and pulls me on the dance floor.

An odd place to talk, but whatever. He's here, so who cares.