Boris: Tuesday, August 2nd

I am in love with a student. Oh my god. I just met them and I am in love with them.

I tried to do everything possible to get Jack off my mind. I went to Walmart. I visited Anna's on The Lake. I even went to see Adam Blackwood's concert. But through it all, one thing lingered in my mind.

Jack.

I have already done extensive research on him. He is a biology major with a music minor. He plays bass, drums, and dabbles in piano. He's from a small town on the border of Iowa, and he appears to be single.

I can't care this much about him. He is a student. I know I am only one year older, but this is a breach of everything.

I can't help that I felt sparks as we picked out his classes. He gave really short answers, and it was just so mysterious. I haven't bothered to wash my hands, and they remain sticky from my jelly. But I want to remember the moment, jelly and all.

I am currently sitting on my bed staring at my computer screen. It is 10:45 P.M., and I have been staring at this email for the past hour.

Dear Jack,

Thank you for the invite to the improv show. I am hesitant to show up, as I have not had a great past with the art form. I do appreciate the offer, especially as a new person on campus.

I may not come, but I would love to meet at Starbucks tomorrow to talk about what you would like to do with your major after college. My treat!

Sincerely,

Boris

I shouldn't send it, but I can't stop thinking about him. If I can't have him, I can still have him in my life, right? Even if I'm just his advisor and he is my advisee.

I set my computer down, and suddenly a ball of fur landed right on my gut.

"BONK my WALL" I grunt. My monkey Steve, from Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs, stares at me face to face. I bought him after watching the movie when I was 15, I needed him.

 I bought him after watching the movie when I was 15, I needed him

"Send it you stupid bitch. You are lonely, and miserable. I'm tired of you eating jars of Sauerkraut" says the monkey's voice box.

I look from Steve back to my computer.

What do I have to lose?

I send it.