Boris: Wednesday, August 3rd (Later)

I'm sitting in my office watching Graveyard Girl while eating my mother's coffee grounds when I get a knock on my door. I turn my chair to face it, and say "Come in."

Two people walk into my office

Two people walk into my office. One is a tall girl with short brown hair and glasses, the other is a boy with long hair. Both are wearing swell sweaters.

"Hi, I'm PJ!"

"Shut up PJ, you're so stupid. I'm Payton"

"Fuck you, Payton"

"Sorry to interrupt you, PJ and Payton. But, may I ask why you are here?"

"One second," says Payton, as he flips off PJ. PJ just rolls her eyes.

PJ holds out what appears to be a cake. "We've come in peace. I heard you were invited to the MP show this Sunday and I just wanted to reiterate that invitation."

Payton stares at my BEN10 poster as he strokes his chin. "Could use more green" he puffs.

PJ eyes my chair to sit in, and gestures to the Beanie babies. "May I?" they ask. I nod. She kicks them off the chair and sits.

"I heard you were only a year older than us, and wanted to invite you less as a staff member and more as a peer. I know how hard it is to make friends here, and I know it's weird to be only a year older than us. So, if you want, you could join us for MP dinner tomorrow night" PJ says.

"MP dinner?" I ask.

"Yeah, it's where we fuck around in the caf and eat before practice" replies Payton.

"It's just a couple of us from the group, and we would love to have you there. Jack has told us so much about you" PJ adds.

"Really?" What does Jack have to say about me?

PJ shoots back "Okay, he really didn't say that much. But the fact that he said anything is saying something."

Payton looks away from the Ben10 poster towards me. "He only says things about people he finds...interesting."

PJ looks towards Payton, then back towards me. "Yeah. Interesting. We just wanted to say hi and invite you to dinner tomorrow night. It will be fun! I know you are a professor, but this is not related to school at all. It just happens to be at Carthage. With current students."

I pause. "I'll have to think about this."

Payton says "Take your time. I have all day. I emailed all my professors and told them class was canceled. I'm paying them, so I make the rules".

PJ looks back to me. "You just show up at 6. If you don't end up showing, no worries. We understand." She sets the cake on my desk, and they retreat out of my office, but walking backward and slowly tiptoeing out.

I look at the cake. It's covered in pink frosting and says "Boris X MP". I laugh.

I turn back to my screen and see that I have a notification from my Google Account

Someone has liked a video of mine.

I've only posted one video.

And it was the worst day of my life.