Jack: Tuesday, August 2nd

BEEEEP BEEEEP BEEEP!

I hear my alarm go off as I roll over to look at my clock. I brush my curly brown hair out of my eyes and see the time: 9:02 pm. I'm late!

I throw on whatever clean clothes I can find and run to the Campbell Student Union. Though it is a relatively short distance compared to yesterday's morning run, I am still equally as sweaty.

I run through the doors at 9:05 pm. The first thing I see is a horde of students: football jocks, theatre kids, and my least favorite of all–the chemistry nerds. Before I can duck into the Red Zone to find a snack before improv practice, the president of the chem club stops me in my tracks.

"Hello, Jack." The tall, glasses-wearing freak says to me.

"Ronnie," I reply coldly

"Funny seeing you here."

"Really? On the campus of the school that I go to? In the building where I have improv practice tonight?"

Ronnie is still bitter because of his ejection from our improv group. You see, Ronnie doesn't really understand boundaries–if you catch my drift. We thought it would be best for him to stifle his passion for comedy–if you could even call it comedy.

"Ronnie, I have to go. See you around, man" I say, running toward the stairs.

"Yes. Yes, you will." He says.

After escaping that weirdly tense interaction, I walk into the CSU theatre. My friends are already warming up for practice with a game of Kitty Cat Career.

"Hey, Jack!" PJ says to me, "We're just wrapping up. What's up?"

"Hey, Peej," I reply. She must've noticed I was feeling off because she gave me a menacing glare until I finally gave in. "Okay, okay. I saw Ronnie downstairs. It went about as well as you'd expect."

"Yikes." She says, "But that's not enough to get you all flustered like this. You've dealt with that punk before. What's really going on?"

I sigh and explain further, "I met my new advisor yesterday. I'm so depressed about Dr. Straz! His firing was definitely wrongful."

"I'm sorry about Dr. Straz", our fellow improver and my bandmate Payton says, "What's your new advisor's name?"

"Boris," I say, trying not to roll my eyes. "And boy, are they weird. They had all this strange decor and a Rubix cube... I don't know, it was just very unsettling. And... I may have invited them to our improv show this Sunday."