Boris: Thursday, August 4th

Dear Carthage,

Early this morning Public Safety was notified that Straz had been broken into. It appears a student broke into the building. This does not appear to be a threat. The student remains unknown. If you would like to talk about it, please attend the discussion in The Chapel. Don't email me unless you want to admit you broke in. Thanks.

-President John Swallow

________

I'm standing in the library waiting for a student to come out of the back with a DVD player I can borrow. I haven't needed one since 2013, but when I opened my door this morning-low and behold- I was greeted with the crunchy sound of the DVD case.

The student brings one out and blows off the dust-coated machine. I thank them, stop at Starbucks and grab my frappucino (hold the frappucino), and head back to my office.

I get back and close all my blinds

I get back and close all my blinds. I put up my privacy blinds as well, and dim the lights. I don't know how serious this DVD could be, or what the contents of it are. All I know is that it's labeled "I'm very sorry for what I did".

I set up the DVD player, grab my Rubix cube, and put on Aunt Helen's old robe (it looks like a robe). I unfold my cot I keep under my desk, and watch.

I am facing a home screen and have the choice between "YouTube Apology Video", "Behind The Scenes", and "Bloopers". I select the first.

Jack appears on the screen. His beautiful curls fall on his face.

Boris. I'm very sorry for what I've done. I never meant to like the video. I should have never gone searching for it in the first place. I couldn't stop thinking about your improv experience. So, I looked. And I feel awful. I never should have. I didn't mean to hurt you in that way. I never thought it would be that bad. I thought you were exaggerating in your email. But you weren't. And I betrayed your trust.

I wrote you a song.

Boris, I'm sorry

You weren't ready for your story

But I am

Boris, I see you

You remind me of barbeque

You do

And I want you to know that

I'll be here, like a cat

Purring, but like listening to you

And I want you to know that

I'll be here, I'm sat

Waiting, for you

Please let me show you,

What I can really be

Cause we could be

So-

The screen goes fuzzy. I'm on the edge of my cot, shaking my computer. I unplug and plug in the DVD player again, but its still fuzzy.

I pull out the DVD, and there is a scratch on it. I stepped on it this morning, what did I expect?

I definitely did not expect this. An apology? A song? For liking a video of mine. I didn't even know it was him. The username was purplepikachu.

My phone pings. I open the notification to see an email from PJ asking if I am coming to MP dinner.

Shit.