Chapter 6 - The Woeful Verity

The moment I saw him enter my room, an uncontrollable flutter of anger obscured my mind

"GET OUT OF MY ROOM, MR. KAPOOR!" I yelled, looking at him.

His mere presence made me lose my mind. Not only did Harsh betray me today but my father did too. He made my misfortune about himself. Somehow, his job was more important than me at my own wedding and on top of all that, he guilt tripped me into sacrificing myself for his job.

He just proved the fact that he never loved me and everything he did for me until now was out of formality and not love. His words were like a stab to my already paining heart.

I've done so much for you your entire life, this is something I want from you in return.

His words started repeating in my mind as I looked at him.

You have to do this. This is the least you can do for me in return.

As much as I wanted to stop myself from thinking about his words, they just won't stop reverberating in my head.

You owe me this.

Three times. In the span of 15 minutes, he reminded me about my apparent debt to him, three times. His job was so important to him that he used Shubman and I as a pawn for his throne.

Instead of consoling me for getting ditched right before my wedding, he asked me to not react. He chose to throw me and Shubman under the bus for his own avail.

I begged him for a quiet wedding multiple times but he refused to respect my wishes for my own wedding. He invited every single reporter who made my life a living hell because apparently, good relations mattered and now, when things went out of control, he still chose his career over me.

He didn't even let me be upset after finding out about Harsh. I couldn't even cry my pain out!

I looked at him with disgust clouding my mind. The more I looked at him, the more I felt resentment course through me.

I wish I had a loving father.

He walked into my room ignoring me, as usual and looked at everyone kneeling around me one by one.

"Did you not hear me?" I asked, venom dripping down my voice.

He continued looking at everyone's tear stricken face with confusion mantling on his own.

"What happened here, Sharda?" He asked, looking at mom when no one answered his question. Mom was seething as she looked at him.

"Are you done attending your cardinal guests? Are they entertained or do they need anything else?" Mom said, with anger lacing her voice.

Dad didn't reply anything. He looked at mom with a sad expression cast on his face.

"You want to know what happened, Anuj? Fine, I'll tell you what happened." Mom said as she stood up and walked towards Dad.