Chapter 2 ~ The Unsought

I took a deep breath after I closed Naina's room's door and leaned on it

I took a deep breath after I closed Naina's room's door and leaned on it. Naina always finds a way to stab my heart with her cruel words. I know she doesn't trust Misha and she's just concerned about me but sometimes, her words pierce a hole right through my heart.

I lifted my phone and dialled Misha's number.

Please, pick up the phone.

I waited for her to pick up until the last ring but unfortunately, she didn't.

Maybe she's just busy.

I brush off Naina's words from my mind and walked downstairs. She's judging Misha too much. Just because Misha and I are going through a rough patch doesn't mean that we won't get over it. We'll solve it with time. Naina needs to stop being so harsh on Misha. I know, she's just concerned for me but it still makes me sad.

Is she actually judging Misha too much or are you disregarding things a little too much?

I need to stop thinking about this right now. There's an emergency and I need to go look into it. All I know for now is that I love Misha and she means the world to me. I'll solve the problems between us and we'll be the happy couple again.

Yes! Be positive, Shubman.

I reached the stairs and looked at the redundant people swarming in the Kapoor Mansion.

Too many people for Naina's liking.

Naina's Father, Mr. Anuj Kapoor, is a renowned politician of our country. He has been a popular face for a long time and now, he has been finally given the opportunity to accept the role of Chief minister of Punjab.

Even though Naina wanted a quiet wedding, Uncle insisted to invite all his important colleagues to the wedding because apparently, we need to keep 'good relations' with the members of his party. Due to Anuj Uncle's selfish decision, the mansion was swarming with politicians and reporters. Something, Naina hates i.e, those stupid reporters.

Honestly, that was manipulative as fuck.

I adore Anuj uncle, he's a gem of person but he shouldn't have done this to Naina. Especially, after the things that happened last time. These are very same reporters who ridiculed her publicly for boosting their channel's TRPs.

I looked around the unnecessary people with a disgusted expression as I walked across the living room to reach my room.

I wish they get diarrhea.

Naina and I have rooms in eachother's houses. We have been inseparable since childhood and at one point, our families decided to give us our own rooms in both the houses so that, they don't have to deal with our tantrums.

I knocked at the door. A few seconds later, a very disturbed looking Sharda Aunty i.e., Naina's mother, opened the door.

"What happened, Aunty?" I asked with furrowed eyebrows as I walked inside the room. She closed the door hastily and looked at me with her tear striken eyes.