Chapter 5 - The Moment of Weakness

TRIGGER WARNING -

This chapter contains content that some readers may find disturbing. It has mentions of death and the lead character shows suicidal tendency.
Kindly, continue with care.

The audience's discretion is advised.

It's a sensitive subject and you're adviced to skip the chapter if depiction of suicidal thoughts triggers or disturbs you.

-• 💔 •-

"Go to your room and don't come back

"Go to your room and don't come back. I'll make up an excuse about it. We can't let them see Shubman's face." I heard Dad's hushed voice when we stood up after the ceremony ended.

I didn't bother looking at him and looked at Mom instead.

"Mumma, I'll go change. I have to get dressed for the Ashirwaad Samaroh." I said and walked towards my room.

Have you ever reached the point of your life where you don't feel any emotions? When everything feels numb and all you do is walk around with a poker face like nothing happened? That's exactly how I felt right now.

I had no hope for anything and everything felt like a horrifying nightmare I couldn't wait to wake up from.

Everything that happened with me made me realise that I'm just not good enough to be loved. I've been in love twice and I gave it my all both times but maybe it wasn't enough. Why else would I get ditched both the times?

Maybe I'm not good enough to be loved.

After Dushyant left me on our wedding day, he left with a part of my sanity. Everything after that went downhill. From my mental health to my career, everything was almost destroyed.

That was probably the only phase of my life when my Dad actually acted closest to a Dad and stood by me. I'm not sure if it was real but it felt good.

I hope it was.

It took me several weeks just to get over Dushyant's treachery and accept the fact that he doesn't love me enough to spend the rest of his life with me. My heart wouldn't let me believe that he had left me. I tried calling and meeting him, hoping that we could sort everything but he never let me.

I thought I would never overcome that phase of my life until I met Zoro on my way back from somewhere and slowly, I started healing. Shubman and his entire family stood by me along with my own family, helping me heal from the mental trauma I went through.

It took a lot of courage and time to get back to modelling after all the bad PR I had received because of the incident. I'm grateful that my agency was nice enough to not fire me, but the brand deals reduced ten folds.