Chapter 4 ~ The Inescapable Marriage

I'm so sorry for not being active for so long. I was studying for an exam which apparently, got postponed. 🙂🔫

Expect random updates for this book as well as His Hired Girlfriend until the new date gets announced.

I hope you like the chapter. ❤️

NOTE - Since this is Wattpad and nothing here makes sense, let's not try to relate or think practically while reading the Sehra thing. 💀🤝

🐾

Anger

Anger

Hurt

Resentment

The triad of feelings I'm harbouring right now. It feels like my worst nightmare just came true.

One second. One second is all it took for my life to come whamming down. The day that was supposed to be the happiest day of my life, turned into something I can't describe in words.

Worst part? I can't even react.

A lone tear rolled down my face as I felt Shubman fill the vermilion in my hair partition, a pinch of it fell on to my nose.

"Vivah sampann hua." Pandit ji said.

(The wedding ceremony has been concluded.)

A chill ran down my spine when I heard Pandit ji. Those words kept rumbling through my mind again and again.

Vivah sampann hua.

The guests bellowed in happiness from their seats while my families showered rose petals on us with a sullen expressions on their faces.

I hate everyone.

This was supposed to be my getaway from the ghosts of my past but instead, this turned into a bigger nightmare.

Everything seemed perfect until two hours ago.

I was about to begin a new chapter in my life or so I thought. My cousins and I stood at the entrance for the stage with a huge smile embellishing our faces. I was supposed to make an entrance in a few minutes.

While I waited for the arrangements to be completed, I looked towards my groom, thinking that we're just a few minutes away from our version of happily ever after, we'll be married and the best part of our lives would begin but never in the million years had I thought that all that happiness would come crashing down the moment I'll look at my groom. I looked at the guy waiting for me at the end of the stage with wide eyes.

One look at him and I knew it wasn't Harsh. Shubman was standing there with a sehra over his head while I stood there confused with widened eyes, contemplating the reasons behind him being there instead of Harsh. Everything became crystal clear when I made eye contact with Supriya Aunty.