Seven

I knew I would be in revealing clothing for the interviews. What I didn't know was that I would be in so little clothing that I miss the outfit from the tribute parade. The pale blue dress is covered in glitter and swirling white lines to resemble waves. It hardly coveres my ass and the neckline dips far past my breasts, leaving large amounts of clevage in between. My hair has been curled into perfect spirals and pinned back, allowing my neckline to be of easier viewing. 

  The moment I step onto the stage the crowd goes wild. Whistles and screams fill the room. Ceaser Flickerman approaches me, leaning to kiss my hand that I reach to him to shake. His eyes linger on my revealed body. 

 As much as I want to hold my arms in front of my chest, I stand in confidence. I smile at Ceaser Flickerman, "How are you today Ceaser?" 

  The host lets out a surprised laugh, "Now, now, Ms. Dagon, that's my job." 

 The crowd laughs again and I force out a giggle, "Of course it is Ceaser, but I'm sure no one ever asks you."

  I place a hand on Ceaser's knee, he scoots in the chair that is across from mine, adjusting his pants, "My Ms. Dagon, you are just wonderful. I am doing fantastic, do you know why?"

  "Why Ceaser?" 

 "Becuase I am here in the wonderful capital," he looks at the crowd as they roar in cheers and laughter. 

  My fingertips linger on Ceasers knee for a few more moments, then I pull my hand back, flicking my hair, "It is just lovely here. I can't wait to see more of it at my next visit."

  "Wow, listen to that confidence! No questioning that you feel ready for the games then?" 

 "None at all Ceaser," I wink at him, "I'll be back."

  Ceaser forces his face in a serious look, "But what about the lover you brought from home?"

 Finnick crosses my mind, but I know who Ceaser is speaking of, "Ah Venus and I just became trapped in the moment. Personally I believe," I pause, biting my lip and smiling, "Capital men are just to die for."  

  Ceaser fans his face in a dramatic form, "Ivy Dagon, if you win you will fit in just great at all of your future trips to the capital."

  I stand along with Ceaser, ready for him to dismiss me, "Like I said, I'll be back Ceaser."

    "You're such a flirt," Finnick strokes my hair. We are curled together in his bed, clothes tossed aimlessly onto the floor. The warmth of eachother holding us together. 

 "Hmm, I thought you liked that about me," I meet Finn's gaze. 

   He smiles, "It's my favorite part." 

    I don't miss the crack in his voice, the sadness behind his smile. We are ignoring the inevitable, the Games are less than a day away. When we wake I will be taken to the arena. Finnick will have his eyes glued to the screen and if I die he will watch it. 

  This could be our last night together, but neither of us say it. Instead we hold onto one another, making sure that whatever time we have left is spent well.