Fifteen

"You look-"

  "Naked," Finnick finishes my sentence before I can. At this point the two of us has became used to being under the eye and body of every capital citizen, so I'm not shocked that he is just as exposed as I am. 

   I snicker at his response, "I was going to say handsome, per usual."

  "You're looking wonderful, if I do say so myself," Finnick pulls me against him, placing a kiss on my lips.

  Finnick has a loose tied fishing net draped over his mid-section and that is all he is wearing. Nothing to the imagination for him at any slight turn he takes. I have a slightly more covered fishing net outfit matching my lower half, and two sea shells over my nipples. Classy, I know. My hair is hanging loose and for now I use it to cover more of my chest, but when the parade begins I will have to move it back. 

   "I'm going to speak with Haymitch," I motion to Finnick.

  He pauses, then nods and points to Katniss, "I'd like to get to know lover-girl anyway."

  I give him another kiss before walking away. I know Finnick isn't Haymitch's biggest fan, he blames him for me almost dying during the 72nd games, but it was not Haymitch's fault, if anything he saved me that day. 

  "Haymitch!" I run to him, hugging him. The smell of whiskey hangs in the air, although in the past year he has been more sober than I have ever seen him. He hugs me back softly, motioning to the blond boy, Peeta, standing beside him. 

  "Ivy, this is Peeta," he points between us, "Peeta this is Ivy."

  Peeta hasn't taken his eyes off of my breasts since I've been standing in front of him. For the first time in a long time I feel the need to cover myself. I cross my arms and let out a soft cough, Haymitch notices and smacks Peeta's head, "Odair's... girlfriend."

   Peeta turns beet red, "I'm sorry."

  "It's fine," I respond, thinking of anything else to say. I think of nothing.

  Haymitch pulls me close, "Meet me on the roof later, bring Finn. Now make it look like I am complimenting your looks."

  I lean back quick, look between his eyes, and smack him lightly. "Haymitch! Goodness you need to get out more, hitting on me?" I roll my eyes and walk back to Finnick just in time for us to climb onto our carriage. 

   Finnick wraps a hand around my waist, holding me close to him. The carriages begin to move and I make sure to widen the smile on my face. I blow kisses at the crowd, waving and winking at a few people as well. The capital may know Finnick and I are together, but that has never stopped them from treating us like their own personal dolls. They somehow love watching us love eachother as much as they love watching us swoon over them. 

  Finnick catches a rose in the air, turns and reaches it to me. He places a kiss on my cheek, then the crowd shifts. Katniss and Peeta have emerged, on fire, or so they say. The drums that surround us get louder, or maybe I can just hear them better now. Our carriage circles and makes its way back inside, no reason to welcome us this time around. We've all been here before and only one of us will ever be here again.

    "Why does Haymitch want to talk to us up here?" Finnick shutters, he hates it up here. 

"No clue," I shrug, "Maybe he wants to know if he can have our winnings when we're dead."

 "That's not funny."

 "It's a little bit funny," I grin at him. I cross the space between us and take hold of his hand. Our eyes meet and I lean in to kiss him, feeling his warmth all around me. 

   If this had all happened years ago, I would be a mess. Now I am less sad and more angry, haven't we given enough? The stairwell door opens and Haymitch comes out, I pull myself from Finnick to face him and by the look on his face, I can tell this is going to be a long conversation.