Nine

A/N- Does anyone want Finnick's point of view? I'm debating on adding a few parts with his, but haven't decided yet. Comment and let me know your thoughts :))

   The night ahead of me had been sleepless, filled with freezing weather and shivering. I shiver again and cuddle myself into a ball, standing to jump in place a time or two in hopes of keeping myself warm, sitting down and repeating the cycle again. The sun is rising, but the temperature is dropping dramatically. Yesterday, when I rose into the arena, it had been colder than I had ever felt. Today, it is so cold I feel like I may freeze. Is that what they want? For us to freeze? 

   I reach for my bag, shuffling through until I find the water bottle. Once my fingers wrap around the now solid block I laugh, of fucking course it is frozen. I throw it hard, it hits the cave wall and rolls across the floor. 

  I look to the hole of the cave, it is snowing. "Is that what you want?" I say to no one. "For us to freeze to death? Is that gruesome enough for you?!"

  I pick up the water bottle, sticking my tongue inside the bottle, trying to get any hydration I can. My mouth feels cracked and my face hurts, stinging as if it is on fire, but in a cold flame. A dinging sound rings through the air, a parachute. I rush to the mouth of the cave, opening the small package. Inside is a bottle of non-frozen water and a small can of soup. I wrap my hands around the warm soup, even through the gloves it feels nice. 

  The small paper note that is fastened around it reads, "Stay warm -love, Finn". I smile and fold the paper, sliding it into my glove. I drink the soup first, it burns my mouth but I cannot stop myself from consuming it so quickly. Once the soup is gone I move to the water, taking a few drinks and then sliding it inside of my jacket, hoping my body heat will be enough to keep it warm.

  Three days pass with no deaths. I suppose without the threat of careers, it's easier to hide for longer. I stick to the cave, only hearing the scurrying of rabbits in the snow from time to time. The blistering cold has not stopped, I make sure to keep myself moving, which has kept me low on sleep, even for a tribute in the games. Today however, was different.

     It is daylight, probably has been for hours, but I am so very tired. I hear the shuffling from the rabbits again, the one I killed two days ago lasted me yesterday too, I'll need one again today and have to take another risk at a fire. 

  "There she is! Hyde I found her!" Star is running into the cave before I can stand. I manage to climb to my feet, but she knocks me down quickly. She kicks at my stomach hard, blow after blow causing agony. 

   I reach for my knife, but once my fingers wrap around the blade she kicks hard at my throat. I cough and gasp against the sudden pain. Hyde rushes in behind her and laughs, "Here I thought you'd be a problem," he turns to Star, "She's pathetic, let's go."

  Go? Hyde removes a wire from his pack, wrapping it around my hands with force. He removes each knife from my belt and anytime I try to fight or stand, I am kicked once again. By the end of the abuse I have no fight left. Blood soaks the cave floor, I taste it in my mouth. 

 "Love Finn, aww so you and pretty boy do have a thing," Star mocks, "tragic he'll have to watch you die."  My fingers twitch, I hadn't even noticed her remove the gloves from my hands. 

  The wire they tied me with is tugged, dragging me a few feet. I gasp, the pain covers me like a spiked blanket. "Come on!" Hyde barks. He drags me for a while, each time I drop I am given kicks from Star. After a while we reach a camp, a small cleared area with heavy green trees overhead, a large fire mark in the middle. The girl from Three is there, sitting close to one of the trees with a sleeping bag around her body, a sword by her side. 

   They must have picked her up after the bloodbath didn't go as planned, after I killed Blaze and Bloom. Hyde moves the wire around a branch, high enough that I cannot sit all of the way on the ground. My wrists already have visible red markings. 

   Each breath feels like fire. I am bleeding from multiple places, including my mouth. I can no longer move far, not enough to keep myself warm. They are going to leave me here with them, just to watch me die.