Ten

The agony ripping through my body is more than I have ever felt before. At least a full day goes by, I am freezing, no longer able to feel parts of my body, and what I can feel is on fire. I wheeze with each breath, my lungs begging to burst open. 

  Perhaps they will, or perhaps I'll finally freeze to death. My eyelids are heavy and I do all that I can to hold them open, but I am finding it harder and harder. 

    My eyes creak open. I must have passed out. It is dark now, the sun has set, but the snow is falling rapidly. I am no longer cold. I don't think it is a good sign, but its almost peaceful. Something warm and wet is falling down my sleeve, using all the strength I have left, I push one of my legs up, allowing me to stand weakly. My wrists are bleeding harshly from the wrapped wires. Moving my hands makes them cut deeper and a stinging feeling slices my wrists. 

 I fall back onto my knees, the slicing cutting deeply once more. "Ahh," I call out. 

  A crunching sound comes from the snow. The girl from three stands, watching me. I don't beg her to let me go, but I stare at her. Hoping she will take pity on me, and at least not allow Finnick to watch me die a slow and painful death. 

  She steps forward, coming closer to me. I inhale, firey air filling my lungs, "I'm- sorry- Finn."

She raises her blade, and with the sword over my head, I welcome what is to come. My eyes fall shut, but the pain never comes. When I reopen my eyes, I see the girl lowering her sword, starring back at me again. Then she does the unthinkable, she unties me. 

  I fall to the ground with a thud. She looks behind her, at the makeshift tent that holds Star and Hyde. No one moves. 

  "If you follow me, I'll kill you," she warns. Then she throws a knife at my feet and takes off through the trees. 

   I roll on the ground and take time before managing to push myself up. My clothes are soaked from the cold wet snow and blood. I look down to see my fingers are a pale blue. I am shaky on my feet, one of them feels tight in my boot and sharp when I walk. Hot tears fall from my eyes and turn cold on my face. I shakily pick up the knife the girl from three,  Eva left for me. There is blood on it, blood that I didn't put there. I know I cannot make it far, I'm not even sure how long it has been. 

   I push myself through the trees, away from where Eva ran off. I push myself as far as I can make it, getting close to the cornucopia, where this all began. I fall to the ground in the field of rocks, pulling myself against one of them, looking at the sky coming to light. 

  A parachute begins falling to me, this one is silent compared to the last. I reach my hand as far as it will go, until my fingertips brush against the cool medal, and I pull it to me. It takes me biting on my shirt to twist it open, the pain shooting through my wrists causing my eyes to water. 

  Inside is a small tube of cream and a cup with water that is slightly warm to the touch. I pull the water to my lips, feeling the warmth hit my body, sending shivers down my spine. I drink half before I am tempted to throw it back up, forcing myself to lean back and squeeze my eyes shut, forcing it down. 

  I take the note out next, 'Medicine inside, drink slow -Maggs'. 

   I crack a smile, the relief I am feeling already tells me this wasn't cheap. The sponsors they must have pulled for this had to be a lot of work. I take the cream, reconizing it from past games. I pull my shirt into my mouth, biting down again, then I rub the cream on the wounds surrounding my wrists. 

  The searing pain makes me scream into the shirt, but the relief that follows covers me like a blanket. Chills surround me and for once I am glad to feel the cold air on my body. I stay leaned in the cracks of large rocks, holding my knife to my chest, not daring to move. Even when my stomach growls, I don't go looking for berries. I won't starve, not yet. I need to heal, because come nightfall, I will be getting out of here.