Twenty-One

"Tik-tok"

"Tik-tok"

 "Tik-tok"

     My eyes open, the vision in my viable eye is restored, no longer blurred. I raise my head and although my neck is stiff, I am not full of pain. When I turn my head I see Wiress, rocking back and forth, "Tik-tok," coming from her lips over and over again.

   I reach for a knife, scooting away and holding the blade ahead of me. Something knocks the knife from my hand, swiftly I pull another, turning my body and throwing the blade in the direction of the person. 

  "Ahh, Shit Ivy!"

  A hand wraps around my wrist, "Stop!"

  I freeze, Johanna holds my wrist. "Beetee?" 

"Just a graze," he plucks the knife from a tree behind him. I see the slice in his sleeve and the trickle of blood oozing from his arm. 

 The knife is tossed to me lightly, I reach for it and hold it against my chest. I watch with wide eyes as Johanna helps Beetee with wrapping his arm. I stay silent the whole time, breathing heavily and my eyes darting between them. 

  "We applied water to clean you and it took out the poison, bandaged your head, and watched over you until you woke, it's been approximately four hours," Beetee tells me.

  I reach my hand up, running it across a bandage on the side of my head. "Thank you Bee-" I don't finish my thanks because I get a full grip on everything I see, they are each covered in blood. 

  I grip the knife harder, scooting away again, my eyes widening. "It was rain," Johanna hardly flinches as she speaks, "Took Blight, he hit the force field."

   Blight, Johanna's partner hit the field. Blood rain? Poison fog? What are they doing to us? 

    Beetee helped to make me a stick to assist me with walking, then we began making our way to the beach. We figured between the four of us, no matter what we found we would be safe. The stick made things easier, allowing me to leave pressure off of my injuries. I tell them about all that happened to me and they speak about their arena time too.

   Within an hour we reach the edge of the tree line, Johanna looks to me and I actually see her smile as she runs ahead. I see him moments later, who she is smiling at, running past Johanna and knocking me down with his hug. He holds me as we lay covered in sand, sweat, and blood. His arms grip me tightly, as if he may never let me go. 

  Finnick and I hold onto eachother as if the past few hours have been forever. "You're alive," I say. I knew he would be, but the fear was too much for me to ask the others if a cannon had went off. 

   "What happened?" Finnick's fingers brush against the bandages.

  I don't answer him, I press my lips against his instead. After a moment he lifts me, carrying me bridal style to a spot Katniss and Peeta had been sitting at. Peeta is still there, watching Katniss run to Wiress. 

  "I'm sorry Ivy, you being lost and hurt, that's all my fault," he speaks.

  Finnick runs his hands through my hair, pulling down the ponytail while Peeta speaks to me. I face him, "No, I chose to go on my own."

   "If I didn't land on you or need help running-" 

 "Peeta," I crack a smile, "I'm just as at fault for needing help. It's okay, I promise."

    Finnick plants a kiss on my cheek, then pulls pieces from my hair our of my face, running his fingers through it and pulling it into braids.

   I see Peeta turn away, watching Katniss was Wiress's hair by the water. I watch him as he watches her, smiling at the love they don't even know they have.

A/N - Two chapters in one day because they're short and sort of filling :))