C05 || Poseidon, the God of the seas

Percy was surprised to find her father sat in her bedroom when she went upstairs to change, and he did not look too happy

Percy was surprised to find her father sat in her bedroom when she went upstairs to change, and he did not look too happy. Truthfully, he looked like a petulant child, pouting because his mom took away his favourite toy. Poseidon was a benevolent God, although he was prideful, stubborn, with a fearsome temper. Poseidon loved all of his children, more than his siblings did with their children. He often falls into bad depressions and he can be extremely dramatic, more so than King Zeus. When he had failed to woo Amphitrite, his wife, Poseidon was described as 'louder than a humpback whale', and he gave many sea creatures awful migraines. Poseidon was very possessive with the things he loves, with a very specific sense of humour that made it difficult to tell if he was joking or not. One of his greatest weaknesses was his daughter, he doted on Percy, he didn't care that it was against Zeus' law.

Regardless of Poseidon's love for Percy, they've a rather difficult relationship. She resented her dad when they first met, he had abandoned them and she hated him for it. It took so much for her to let it go, and only when she realised Poseidon did love her and her mother. Over time, Percy grew to really love her dad and she cares so much for his approval, and developed a very strong pride towards him. But, that didn't mean she was, at all, okay with him just randomly turning up.

Percy sighed and told him. "You've got to stop this. It's an invasion of my privacy." Poseidon smiled at his daughter.

His head tilted. "My little Seastorm--"

"--cut the bullshit." Percy interrupted him, making him chuckle. "What are you doing here dad? In the Avengers tower."

"Anthony Stark, really? The Iron Man." He scoffed in disgust and shooked his head, while Percy rolled her eyes. It was like he has forgotten Sally Jackson isn't his wife, Queen Amphitrite was. It's a miracle that she does not hate Sally, with how he was obsessed with her. It's been twenty-three years since they were a couple, Poseidon still looked at Sally like he hung the stars and moon. It's a little nauseating, but she felt plenty of relief knowing that there's a God watching over her mother, even if he was a little over possessive with her.

"I get your worries, but I've met him, their love is actually genuine. They are happy." Percy reassured, to which, he scoffed.

"He's a bigger slut than my brother."

Percy snorted a laugh. "Dad!"

"I speak no lies." Poseidon shrugged.

Thunder suddenly rumbled overhead, the conversation was heard by Zeus, causing Poseidon to waft his hand at the sky and roll his eyes, not in any mood to deal with his little brother. Zeus always listened in on their conversations; worried with their close relationship, it made him incredibly nervous. Zeus didn't have the same close love with his kids, which his older brother did, with Percy. The King feared that they may plan a coup and overthrow him. He's paranoid... Naturally, Poseidon and Percy messed with him, about his very specific fear of his, becoming an immortal pain in Zeus' ass... Poseidon needed something to do, which passes his time.