10

I stepped into the hospital room, the familiar scent of antiseptic and medicine assaulting my senses. Despite my efforts to mask my discomfort, the memories flooded back, momentarily blurring my vision. With a sigh, I approached Seojun, who greeted me with a warm smile.

"Hi, Alina," he said.

"Hi," I replied, my gaze shifting to the woman lying in the hospital bed. She was strikingly beautiful, with short hair framing her face. Her emerald eyes met mine, offering a faint smile.

"Hello, ma'am," I greeted with a polite bow. She reached out a trembling hand, motioning for me to come closer. As I did, she placed her hand on my cheek.

"Oh my, such beauty. I love your earrings," she remarked.

I touched my earring. "Thank you. I made them, using resin."

Her eyes sparkled. "You made them? You're talented."

"Thanks," I replied, stealing a glance at Seojun, who was watching us with a smile.

His mother chimed in. "Oh my, now I feel bad. Your first date is in a hospital room."

I chuckled softly. "Oh, you're mistaken. It's not a date."

Seojun clicked his tongue, exchanging knowing glances with his mother. He then produced two cups and a flask of coffee from the bedside table, offering it to me with pride.

Later, as we sat together, Seojun broached a delicate topic.

"So, is it a yes then?" he asked nervously.

"A yes for what?" I inquired innocently.

"My... declaration yesterday. I told you that... I, uh, you know," he stammered, his cheeks flushing.

I hesitated, then gently let him down. "Yeah, about that... I don't think I feel the same way about you. I've been having feelings for Bangchan— you know him."

"B-Bangchan? ...And I thought Felix was my competitor," he muttered, crestfallen. His mother watched us silently.

"I'm so sorry, Seojun. I hope you understand. We can still be good friends, though," I offered.

"Don't friendzone me," he pleaded, his eyes glistening with unshed tears. "Let's just cut contact. I can't be your friend or your idol-brother."

Before his mother could intervene, he silenced her. "Mom, I'll handle it. It seems like I don't have luck in my love life."

I bid them farewell and exited with a heavy heart, leaving Seojun to grapple with his emotions. We did not contact each other for days, and one Saturday Lee Suho phoned me to inform that Han Seojun's mother passed away and Seojun needed emotional support - me.

_________________________________________________________________________

A/N: Sorry its too short. I ran out of ideas....