09

O L I V I A

The warm room allowed everyone to be comfortable enough as they chatted amongst themselves.

Sharing secrets between them or talking about their daily routines at the regular spa they visited or even the countries they traveled to.

"You should travel to that country over the weekend, and I tell you, the culture and food are amazing." Kieran claimed with much enthusiasm.

He couldn't stop talking about this specific country he traveled to last weekend.

"And the people there... gosh, they are so attractive." He rambled on to the guests and his family members, who listened intensely.

I was also one of those people who listened to him, or at least pretended to, as I sat at the edge of the expensive white couch.

None had gone home yet, even if the clock ticked close to night, and I desperately wanted to get out of here because of the person in front of me who observed me suspiciously.

My aunt sat with a straight posture and crossed legs, as she held a teacup close to her chest, taking slow sips out of the warm drink.

If it weren't for the coffee table between us, she would perhaps try to rip my hair off or throw the tea at my face.

That was the kind of suspicious look radiating from her.

I ignored her as I pretended to listen in on Kieran's ramblings on his travels, which others seemed fascinated by because they could travel with the snap of their fingers if they desired.

Wealthy people who have too much time for themselves, but if I were rich, I would also travel, so I can't really blame them.

I drank my own tea as my eyes examined the room, or rather, the people I was looking for that weren't there.

Mine and Mr. Everett's encounter a few hours ago left me excited about what's to come, but my aunt's glares and her grunts, directed at me every time I slightly moved in my seat, made me lose it.

She's probably watching me because of my mother's earlier behavior at the table.

That's why I call her my mother's personal dog, since she gets to live wealthy based on her appearance as long as she keeps Eleanor Everett content.

I crossed my legs to adjust after sitting in the same position for some time. As I crossed my legs, she grunted in disapproval again.

The same way she had done throughout the evening, no matter what I did.

"Excuse me, ma'am. Is there something with your throat?" I asked her, gently taking a sip of my tea and watching her over the rim of the mug.

She widened her eyes in disgust for speaking to her like she was born out of royal blood.

"Nothing's wrong..." She grumbled, ignoring me since I had my focus on her.

"Correct me if I'm wrong, but older people tend to have a lot of medical issues, and I think you should check your throat, since it's the same way with barking dogs." I directed every single spiteful word at her.

I knew that my aunt loathed comments about her age since she was older than Eleanor, which made her compare her age and beauty with Eleanor Everett's.

Along with the fact that she was her sister's dog.

"You youngsters always have your way with words. I'm not an old woman nor a dog, I'm only in my mid-forties." She shrugged her rage off with a laugh, drawing the people around us to our conversation.