21

O L I V I A 

"Cheers to getting rich."

I toasted to myself as I stared into my own reflection in the mirror hanging on the wall.

My loose hair was wet from taking a shower as I wore a white robe, holding a flute of champagne in my hand.

I sat down on the chair by the desk of the bedroom which had a mirror, cheering on myself since I had none to cheer with me.

"Luck was with me this time," I mumbled to myself, taking sips of the alcohol.

I crossed my legs, leaning back into the chair as I felt overwhelmed with the amount of money I had hidden away, where none would think of searching.

95 000 dollars, in which I had divided it in two, making it 47 500.

The first amount of 47 500 dollars, I had placed it in the safe keep of a bank. The rest of the 47 500 dollars, I hid somewhere safely.

I didn't want to place the exact amount of money into a bank because Eleanor might get a sniff of it. That exactly three days after her friend was brutally murdered in her own house and the 95 000 dollars was stolen, that same money was placed into a bank.

She could have easily found out about it even if she hadn't caught a killer who kills every person from her past.

Gabriel knocked on the door, making his presence known that he's back at the apartment after being gone for a few days because he was away studying for a test for his college class.

"Here are the documents for depositing 45 700 dollars into the safe at the bank I created for you, under my name." He laid the paper on the desk as a grin crept over my lips.

"Thanks, Gabe."

I looked through the documents which meant the money would be under Gabriel's name, but he had no rights to use it or take it out, which meant I would own it and could take it out any time I wanted.

Using his name to put that large amount of money, and none would bat an eye to that.

If I deposited that huge amount of money which I can't since in my documents, I'm a dead person.

If I did have documents of proving that I'm Olivia Vance and placing that huge amount of money into a bank. The cops might come after me for different reasons than murder. They might think I'm dealing drugs or laundering money.

Thanks to Gabriel Everett for being born wealthy, I won't need to worry about it.

"What's today's occasion to celebrate?" He observed my surroundings.

A flute glass of champagne in my hand, my face relaxed and an uneaten cake on a plate, on the bed.

I gazed up at him. "My mother gave me a lot of money." I toasted my champagne glass at him, then took a sip of the drink.

"Congratulations, may I celebrate with you?" He asked, taking his coat off, which he had previously worn.

"Of course. As long as a woman in a robe won't disturb you," I answered, pouring him a glass of champagne.

He took a seat on the edge of the bed, after placing the cake on the desk, in front of me since he didn't want the cake to dirty the bed sheets.

I handed him the champagne, which he took as we toasted our glasses.

"Ah, this tastes good, expensive champagne I see?" He placed his flute glass back on the desk, since the bed and the desk were close to one another.

Gabriel took the champagne bottle, examining its origins and quality as he read at the back of the bottle.