28

O L I V I A

The first thing I did once I woke up to an empty bed was to shower inside Gabriel's bathroom. Allowing the warm water to hit my sensitive skin, and staying in the shower for at least an hour, lost in my thoughts.

Thoughts about Eleanor and her horrific screams last night which filled me with joy, or the the fact that this was the start of her downfall.

Having enough of my thoughts, I stepped out of the shower and wrapped a towel around myself, my damp hair being behind my back.

I felt no need for a rush despite what had occurred yesterday. That's why I allowed my hair to naturally dry which would take time because the length of my hair.

I began to brush my teeth as I stared at myself in the mirror above the sink, after finishing brushing my teeth, I took my pills. If I was going to have children, it would have to be in a few years as right now I was not suited to have children.

I didn't think I wanted children because of the way my mother had treated me. 

With a sigh, I had to prepare myself because I was soon about to have a battle with the devil herself.

It was in the early hours of lunch as the yelling and shouting could be heard all over Mr. Everett's grand mansion.

I descended the stairs down the living room, wearing a oversized hoodie which came from Gabriel's wardrobe along with a pair of his pants.

"There she is! There is the murderer!"My aunt pointed at me.

The living room couch was occupied with FBI agents along with my aunt, and Mr. Everett's sister.

"She's the one who killed my sister's best friend! She's the murderer!" Agnes stood up from her seat, pointing at me.

"We hadn't seen her for a year and when she suddenly shows up there's a dead woman's arm in my sister's bedroom table!" Agnes was hysterical, screaming and pointing fingers at me.

"That can't be a coincidence!" She breathed heavily, as Mrs. Everett's sister ordered her to calm down.

My aunt, Agnes, somehow found a few brain cells in her non-existent brain because everything she shouted was the truth but due to her hysterical behavior, the FBI agents seemed skeptical.

They could have taken her words for the truth if she hadn't appeared like a person who hadn't slept for years.

She looked exhausted, dark spots under her eyes and her hair was disheveled because she probably stayed up with Eleanor the whole night, comforting her.

"Calm down, we will solve everything-" Mrs Everett's sister tried to take ahold of her hand but Agnes slapped her hand away.

"How can I calm down?! A rotten arm was found in my sister's room!" Agnes shouted, glaring at Mr. Everett's sister who was composed and didn't seem as bothered as the hysterical woman.

"Maybe you were the one who murdered Eleanor's best friend, and forced one of your son's to place the rotten arm in her room-"

My aunt's sentence didn't reach the end, as Mrs. Everett slapped Agnes across the face, three times because the woman had three sons, Kieran, Gabriel and Simone. 

"You ever mention my sons, I will make sure you won't have a place in this family." Mr. Everett's sister stated, her brown eyes burning with rage.

Mr. Everett's sister pushed past Agnes as my aunt stumbled onto the floor. "Cornelia! I will make sure your older brother-"