Chapter 3

*AnnMarie's POV
"Hey mamas baby" I say bouncing junior on my knee. My baby was getting big fast and before I know it he'll be 6 months.

"Good morning everybody, hey baby" Miss Pam says kissing Juniors head. I decided today we should all go see Patrick because the kids haven't seen him in forever and miss Pam haven't since he was sentenced at court.

"So where is Patrick again?" Monroe ask sleepily. It was currently 7 and I hated dragging them out on Saturday this early but I know they'll be happy to see him.

"I already told you a hunnid times jail" Monte snap fixing his shoe. I roll my eyes at their bickering before rushing everyone to the car so we could hit the highway. The last thing we needed was the run into traffic. Once I pull up to the prison my anxiety begins to rush again, it was just something about this place. After unloading we all head in to check in and like normal they transfer us to the visitation room to wait.

"Hey ya'll" Patrick says appearing into the visitation room and everyone rush to hug him. I stand back holding junior to give them their time to shine. After analyzing the room I notice it's way more busier than the other week. The visitation room was just about packed to the rim.

"Hey chunky man" he says quickly pulling junior from my embrace to kiss his cheeks. When I lean in for a kiss Patrick kiss my check and whisper to me instead. "Lemme holla at you right quick" he says and I hand junior to his mother. We walk over to the vending machines to not make it seem like we went away to talk.

"Why would you bring nem here?" He ask hastily.

"What do you mean I thought you missed everyone and wanted to see them?" I say while vending a cheeseburger for him. He sigh before looking over at me.

"I do miss them but we can't let my son or Monte see me like this. It ain't a good look and Monte being in highschool now is all the more reason. This shouldn't be the type of role model he tryna look up to." He snaps at me.

"But Patrick-"

"I don't even want you coming back up here. After today let me serve my time in peace I appreciate everything you've done but you making dumb decisions right now." He says looking back at the kids before side eyeing me.

"Warm up your own fucking food" I snap while shoving the burger into his chest before trying walkoff but he stop me.

"Marie stop, I just don't want them going down the same path as me. This is where it all started with my dad now look at me." He says . I look at him crazy cause I can't believe he's trying to guilt trip me with his past.

"Let me go." I say snatching away from him and walking off. I made sure when I went to be seated I sat on the opposite end of him. I thought everything was going so well now he done switched up and acting funky. Now he's going to propose and act different ? I could feel my eyes getting steamy as my face heat up from anger. I know I couldn't argue or it would resort to me being locked up next.

"Marie? Did you hear me? I said I'm about to take Monroe to the bathroom" Miss Pam says interrupting my thoughts. I nod before grabbing junior and as soon as they disappear Patrick comes walking from the microwaves.

"Marie..."

"Don't. You're just a selfish ass hole Patrick but you won't be able to treat me like this ! Not again." I say becoming hysterical. I notice I was getting glances from people around the room but I didn't care. I felt like he was about to start treating me exactly how he did when I was pregnant and I couldn't have that.

"Come on Marie Ian mean it like that stop doing this embarrassing yourself." He says trying to reach for me but I quickly snatch away.

"Embarrassing myself? You don't realize we're all here going through the same thing as you and all you're thinking about is yourself .I'm going to the car and don't call me anymore. You wanna do your time alone so be it." I say clutching junior and gathering his belongings.