Chapter 7

*Ann Marie POV
"Girl I love you and next time I come home will be thanksgiving break in a couple weeks. Ima bring my mama to your house cause she can't cook for real" Candy says hugging me and making me laugh. We were now parting ways at the bus stop for her to go back to school and I was sad. Our weekend together wasn't long enough it seemed like even though she stayed until Monday.

"Well y'all ain't gone have shit to worry about me and Miss Pam can cook. But I love you girl" I say waving her goodbye as she step onto the bus. After sliding back into the car I decide on going back home so I can spend more personal time with junior. I have to work tonight but I still have some time to kill before getting my siblings from school.

I've been doing better about not bothering Miss Pam with my siblings and keeping a closer eye on Monte. She does great with them but I need to figure out what's going on with Monte. Once I pull up at home I kill the engine unloading Junior and I from the car. I look around noticing Miss Pam's car was gone before making my way inside.

"Mamas baby getting so chunky." I say lifting him from his car seat as he spits bubbles on me. I chuckle before laying him down on the couch so i can change his diaper.

"What the fuck?" I say aloud from a slight noise I hear coming from down in the basement. I try to ignore it thinking I was tripping and continue changing junior but the second time it banged it was much louder. I gasp quickly jumping up running to my room with junior clutched in my arms before placing him safely in his bassinet and grabbing my 9 mm out the closet. Whoever this was breaking into the wrong house today. I slowly make my way back towards the kitchen to the basement door.

I take a deep breath before opening the door slowly creeping down the stairs. Adrenaline fill my body as I make my way down and sweat beads come rushing down my face the closer I got to the bottom of the stairs hearing the noise increase.

"Who the fuck in my house!" I yell pulling on the light string getting an unexpected eye full. Miss Pam was being penetrated from behind by a strange man causing my mouth to hit the floor. They both quickly shuffle to fix their clothes startled at my sudden appearance . I cover my eyes quickly making my way out of the basement attempting to give them a little privacy.

"Marie! I had no idea you'd be back so early.!I'm sorry you seen that. I'm so embarrassed." Miss Pam says appearing into the kitchen turning her wig back the right way.

"I don't mind you having your own life but atleast warn me first so I don't walk in on it." I say chuckling. "You scared me half to death I thought you was an intruder." I say as we share a small laugh looking down at the gun in my hand.

"Well I apologize again it won't happen anymore.." she says but I could tell by her face she was still embarrassed. I smile at her before going to my room and grabbing junior and bringing him in to lighten the mood , but when I return the strange man was standing in our kitchen and they were engaging in a small conversation.

"I told you we shouldn't have to sneak around. We just need to tell Patrick." The man says.

"Tell Patrick what?" I ask interrupting their conversation. Miss Pam look between us before sighing.

"Marie this is Patrick's Father. Luther." She says making me gasp. I couldn't believe they were sneaking around behind Patrick's back and in our home without his knowledge. However they're grown adults so it's not much we can do.

"You must be his girl friend." Luther says smiling. "One thing me and my son got in common we love beautiful brown skin women" he says kissing Miss Pam cheek who didn't at all look intrigued. I could tell she was still embarrassed and hated that I caught them.