Chapter 6

*Ann Marie's POV
Butterflies continued filling my stomach as I think about Fred. I felt so guilty right now knowing that if Patrick were home things would be different. I wouldn't have even went to that club to be able to meet Fred and now I can't stop thinking about him.

After I finish feeding Junior his bottle I burp him before putting his clothes on so we can head out for the day. Candy is supposed to be coming into town this weekend to visit me and instead of piling back into the bed after dropping my siblings off at school, I decided on getting groceries.

"Y'all be safe out there ! Are you sure you don't want me to keep him." Miss Pam ask while buckling junior into his car seat so she can help me to the car.

"He needs some fresh air too so ima just take him with me. You need to get out the house. Here" I say reaching into my purse handing her a few hundred dollars. "You help me so much with the kids let me deal with them for today you go to the spa"

"Thank you Marie" she says smiling pulling me into a hug before happily prancing back off into the house. I smile before sliding into the car and looking back at my sleeping baby smiling. I've always wondered how was this so hard for my mother. Being a mom is the best thing that's happened to me and I'd die for my siblings and junior. I know grandma would be proud of how I'm handling everything on my own.

Before going to the store I decided on riding around my old neighborhood just to look since grandma was on my mind. I haven't been through here really since what happened with my moms but it never hurt to ride down memory lane every once and again.

"What the fuck? Monte?." I say confused pulling my car onto the curb and immediately jumping out to confront him. He and a couple of his friends were standing on the block when they were clearly supposed to be at school.

"Marie? What you doing hea?" He ask trying not to sound scared .

"What I'm doing here? What the fuck are YOU doing not in school!"

"I just wasn't in the mood" he says tryna sound cool infront of his friends. I frown up before popping him upside his head causing his friends to laugh.

"Wasn't in the mood my ass! Get yo ass in that muthafucking car right now!" I scream attacking him as he cover his head in defense walking to the car. I slam the passenger door looking at him crazily through the window before turning to his friends. "Get y'all asses in school before I call ya moms." I say watching them quickly scram into the direction of the school.

"Who the fuck do you think you are talking to me crazy and skipping school! Have you lost your fuckin mind!" I scold as soon as I slide back into the car. I don't know what was wrong with him but he was tripping bad.

"Marie I don't wanna go to school everyday I wanna work like you did and chill with my friends. That school shit lame" he says flinching but I decided against hitting him this time.

"You sound so stupid! I HATED working! I wanted to be a teenager and go to school and meet new people , but I didn't get to fully do that. I was stuck 3 years working watching all my friends live like teenagers and you telling me that's what you want? You're so fucking lost." I say quickly pulling off.

"Where are you goin? The school that way."

"We gone see if Patrick agrees with you working instead of going to school." I say quickly driving in the direction of the prison. I decided against calling miss Pam because I want her to enjoy her day stress free. Patrick may not be happy about me just showing up but now was one of those times where I had no other choice.

Once we were seated in the empty waiting room I tap my foot impatiently looking over at junior who was still sound asleep in his car seat. I was a bit nervous bout seeing Patrick since I've been ignoring all his calls and now showing up unannounced with problems.