Chapter 15

*Ann Marie POV
I blast music pulling into the drive way of the house before unloading junior. I'm so glad we move tomorrow because I don't know how much of Luther I can stand. Miss Pam promised for this week he would be in her room only but he's been everywhere but that room.

I decided against telling her we were moving but today was the day. I walk inside seeing Luther in the living room entertaining everyone with his exaggerated ass stories as always. Rolling my eyes I approach them.

"Miss Pam do you mind if I speak with you. Alone." I say side eyeing Luther. He was too busy talking to my siblings he didn't notice.

"What's going on? Junior alright?" She ask following me to the kitchen and referring to the lie I told her about taking Junior to the doctor. I was putting the finishing touches on our house I wanted it fully furnished before my siblings moved in. It was a lot to squeeze in with work and everything else going on but I decorated it for Christmas and all.

"No juniors fine. It's just something I need to tell you. I'm moving out with my siblings and Junior tomorrow. I know this is sudden and I've been thinking about it for a while but, I'm not sure what's in store for Patrick and I in the future. I can't sit around guessing anymore I have to move on with my life. And I can't lead you on helping with my siblings and junior I feel like I'm taking advantage of you." I let out and she embrace me. It surprised the hell out me.

"Marie I'm so proud of you. There's nothing better in this world than to know when to let someone go. I wish I was as strong as you when I was your age. Even now." She says looking over at Luther through the doorway before returning her attention back to me. "I just know regardless of whatever with Patrick I'll be here for you and the kids always because I love y'all. You're not taking advantage of me I love helping"

"Thank you for understanding. This was so hard it took me so long but I made up my mind. I want to learn me."

"And you continue to be that way. I love my son but this is his mess. Maybe one day in the future y'all will come back together" she says making me smile. Maybe... but I'll keep that to myself. "Tomorrow I'll help you all move."

"All we'll need is our clothes and shoes I wanted them to keep their furniture here because I know they'll be here too." I say giggling because  I know how possessive Miss Pam is with the kids.

"Okay well I'll cook. It's the least I can do. Before y'all leave we all have a small dinner your favorite food" she says embracing me before we return to the living room.
-
-
The table was filled to the rim with fried chicken, collard greens, candied yams, cornbread and sweet creamed corn. My mouth watered at the sight while we all fixed our plates. miss Pam showed out.

"Dang miss Pam this food is bussing!" Candy blurt in between bites. Everyone was clearly enjoying the food.

"I'm glad you like it. I'm glad you're moving in with Marie and the kids to help out too. That eased my mind for her." She says smiling at candy.

"Marie you ready to take over all the kids by yourself?" Luther says smiling.

"Well it's not like I'm doing it alone. I have my best friend , Miss Pam and Patrick still regardless." I spat dryly at him while continuing to eat.

"Well they also have they papa Luther now. I know my son he's not letting go without a fight."Luther says prying in business that's not his.

"I don't think calling you grandpa would ever happen. And any ways none of that is any of your business. your son was 14 when you got locked up how would you know anything about him now." I say making his smile quickly fade.

"Well Marie I-"

"Luther eat your food and hush we don't need you to ruin this day. It's my last evening with the kids and I don't need this going on." Miss Pam says quickly interrupting him before the conversation escalated into an argument .