Chapter 4

*Ivy POV
"Please please stop crying" I say rocking star who was unusually fussy today. I thought since she was almost 1 the crying would slow down but I was terribly wrong. Once I finally got her situated and not so fussy I turn her favorite show on and head in the bathroom to face a blunt. One habit I haven't broke since my assignment is smoking.

These last couple months have been pure hell. After busting my ass and almost being killed numerous of times my department decided to let me go. I did go too far getting involved with personal relationships with Payne and Josè and killing Inez but now I was suffering terribly from it. I only have $200  left to live off of and after blowing up my assignment no other federal agency will take me serious enough to hire me. As I take a deep drag off the blunt and sit back against the toilet the lights begin blinking before shutting off.

"Shit" I say aloud hearing Star immediately start crying. I jump up putting my blunt into the ashtray before flickering the light switch with no luck. We were stuck in the dark with no help. I sigh before walking over to her picking her up from her play area. Anger filled my body thinking back on how chief let me go he didn't even try to fight for me to stay. I quickly get us some clothes on before loading into the car.
-
-
"Ivy.. what are you doing here?" My old boss says as soon as I storm into his office.

"I tried to stop her chief she barged past me" the desk boy says and I roll my eyes.

"Get out" he demands to the boy before motioning for me to have a seat. "What can I do you for"

"You know what you can do me for! I busted my ass on this job and you let me go. What am I gone do about my bills? Me and my daughter is in the dark." I explain with tears in my eyes.

"Ivy you ought to be lucky I let you keep that baby after finding out everything. I can't offer you a job back right now so what else would you need" he says looking over at Star.

"Please chief I'll do anything. Just please atleast help me." I plead. Without Jose's money I was broke on my ass and had nobody else to turn to. He look at me before taking a deep breath.

"Fine." He says pulling out a check book writing fast before handing it to me. "Take this check it's a piece of your bonus. I know I'm not supposed to do this since technically you're under investigation right now but I can't let you stay in the dark." He says and I smile quickly grabbing the check. I look back over at him because I know he's not doing this outta good faith.

"What's the catch?"I say making him chuckle.

"Wear this and visit Patrick. I need all the information I can get so he can serve more time. His lawyer cracked NYPD so they know we don't have  reliable evidence on him, and soon Jose and everybody could be released too. They're looking at letting him go in 3 months. We relying on you to stop that." He says handing me a wire. I look at him wide eyed shaking my head.

"Hell no! They could kill me if they find out I'm wearing a wire." I say declining. "Besides what about all the evidence I've gathered all this time?"

"Ivy... none of that shit is reliable now that you've tampered with too much evidence and killed some one. Big D is no longer a reliable witness. Besides they probably already will kill you regardless if they're released especially if you're no longer an officer. You can stop all that if you do your part." He says trying to convince me. I think about it before sighing. I look at him sideways because how you gone insult me and offer me my deathbed at the same time.

"Fine but only if you'll give me my job back"

"You're pushing it."

"I know , now deal or no deal?"

"Deal but you'll only get this job back if you come through" he says sternly before dismissing me. I squeal before grabbing Star and leaving the office. Now how in the hell will I do this..