Chapter 14

•3 days later
* Ann Marie POV
"This beautiful 4 bedroom 2 1/2 bathroom home is perfect for the amount of space you'll need for you and your baby's." My realtor Lizzie says smiling while walking me through the home. It was a nice neighborhood from the outside looking in and I needed something fast. The living room was huge with the kitchen island separating the two from one another and the bedrooms had plenty space with nice walk in closets. The yard front and back was huge and family friendly.

I know Miss Pam probably will be devastated by my sudden move but I don't want to give her any time to tell Patrick anything until I'm gone. Anyways she has Luther to keep her company until Patrick comes home from doing his time.

"Wow it's beautiful, I think this is the one." I say making my decision. The other places she showed me just were never home but this felt perfect immediately.

"Alright let's start your paper work." She says excitedly taking me to a sitting area and pulling papers from her brief case. "The down payment will be first months last month rent so that payment will be 2,523 dollars." I happily take money from my purse counting it out by the band then hundreds passing it to her. I also hand her a few more to pay 4 months advance in rent. She write my receipt and I embrace her.

"I'm going to be a homeowner!" I say screeching. I know I'm finna have to work my ass off to keep this roof over our head until I'm done with school but I'm willing to do whatever. Rent is only 1500 a month so hopefully I can keep this stable. The entire time Patrick and I was together I saved my money he's given me along with my work checks and I've saved damn near 50,000. Once Liz gives me my keys I quickly hop in my car calling candy's number. I srunch my face up when she decline it.

Instead of calling her back I pull up. I know she doesn't go back to school until next week so she has to be avoiding me. I kill the engine of my car before jumping out and heading inside her apartment building before banging on the front door.

"Heyyyy Marie come on in!" Miss sharhonda says allowing space for me to come in.

"Hey! Is Candy here?"

"Yea she back there in the bed. I don't know what's going on with her but she's been glued to that room the past 3-4 days." She says pointing down the hall. I make my way to her room swinging open the door unannounced and turning on the light. The room was pitch dark and Candy was under the covers.

"Who the fuck cut on the lights !" She yell throwing the covers back before making eye contact with me. I could tell immediately something wasn't right.

"Candy what the hell is going on?" I ask before embracing her and she hug me back.

"Marie, that college professor I told you about I was sleeping with , he's crazy as hell. He found me a few days ago and I don't even know how he's not supposed to have my address. But moral of the story he raped me and smacked me and left me in the alley like a piece of trash." She says now sobbing making me gasp. I couldn't believe my ears.

"Oh my gosh we gotta call the police on his ass!"

"But I can't. I'm pregnant by him." She says making my mouth hit the floor this time. All I could do was hug her because for a moment I didn't know what to say.

"Well we gotta do something we can't just let this go. You have to go back to school next week." I say.

"I can't go back there all he's going to do is make my time a living hell. I refuse to go through any of that." She says waving it off. "My mother was so proud of me the first to graduate and go to college. Now I'm about to throw my life away." She says crying into her hands.

"Your life isn't over candy. Look at me! I got pregnant in highschool with junior and had it not been for you I would've been running to the clinic. Now here I am today taking care of him and my siblings. I just signed on a house today on my own. You can do this." I say trying to motivate her.