Chapter 9

*Patrick's POV
"Aye pat you listening ?" Payne says through the phone. He's been canvassing the blocks trying to pick up on whoever Fred was but still hasn't seen him face to face. Although I never met the nigga even I'm hearing about the bodies he catching and money he making on my blocks out there.

"Yeah I'm listening nigga, I just got a lot on my mind. Marie came up here and caught me visiting Ivy." I say shaking my head laying back across the bed.

"Damn bro. I said keep the shit low profile you knew she was gone spazz." Payne says in disappointment. "I still haven't tracked her yet but I got in touch with my old IT Nigga . I'll have her locations soon." He assures me.

"Well keep a check on it nigga and make sure she's not on bs. This whole situation could cost me my relationship" I explain.

"Damn what exactly happened?"

"You know I always check Ivy for wires and Marie walked in right when I was doing it. It probably looked crazy as hell but she wouldn't let me explain and broke up with my ass." I say causing him to gasp.

"Marie broke up with you ? Like y'all taking a break type broke up? Or broke up broke up."

"Nigga she dumped my ass, gave my ring back and slapped the shit out me." I say causing Payne to chuckle. I roll my eyes at his ass cause Ian finding this funny.

"Sorry man Ian tryna laugh cause it's not funny. Look I'll go over by y'all house today and try to persuade her to talk to you. That's the least I can do until somebody call me back." He says before we disconnect the call. I'm not sure if sending Payne to talk to Marie is the best idea but it's the only hope I have right now. She won't take my calls no matter how I send them so I'm desperate at this point.

I just know if I was home everything would be different . I regret the day I ever engaged with Ivy. I know for a fact had it not got sexual me or Jay wouldn't have gotten caught up in all this.

"Wassup wanna hit the blunt?" Jose asks walking into my cell. I wave it off causing him to wanna be nosey. "What the hell been going on with you? You been slouching round this cell all yesterday and today did something happen at yo visit?"

"My fiancé left my ass and it is my fault. I take full responsibility because I should've learned by now to explain shit to her before she have to find out on her own." I say shaking my head.

"Damn young buck what you do? Have a bitch here" he says chuckling but stop once he see me never smile. "Come on Pat. Don't tell me you had a bitch up here for real." He says taken aback.

"Kinda... it was Ivy. She popped up on me talking about getting your sentenced reduced but I didn't believe her off rip. I was checking her ass for wires and that's when my fiancé walked in and flipped her shit. Anyways after that I told her ass kick rocks and don't come the fuck back" I say disregarding the first meeting I had with Ivy.

"Getting my sentence reduced? I'm glad you dismissed that broad anyways she's delusional. How the hell can the person that got me locked up get me out." He says laughing to himself. "She may have fooled me once but never again. And I'm sorry that bitch caused you your relationship again." He says shaking his head. After talking to Josè that loosened me up more to wanna smoke.

After smoking we break down some more work that needs to be shipped to Jay in Josè's cell and Payne was calling me back.

"Yo talk to me?" I say answering immediately.

"I stopped by your crib and your moms said Marie didn't come home last night. Something about she had to work and needed time to herself so she assumed she got a room." He explain.