cabaret (musical) | splitting (bpd) | emcee & sally

Mental Health Awareness Month 2024 prompt : Write a fic in which a character has Borderline Personality Disorder (canon or not canon)
Whumpay 2024: 14 Days of Aftermath prompt : Abandonment Issues
Fic Prompts Weekly Week 1 prompt : Siblings
Flowers of April 2024 prompt : Thistle: Misanthropy
Angstpril 2024 prompt : Broken-hearted
Whumpril 2024 prompt : Mind Games
March of Pain 2024 prompt : Broken
The Whumps of March 2024 prompt : Hidden Agenda
Hurtcember 2023 prompt : Betrayed
Whumptober 2023 prompt : Broken

Clifford leaving broke Sally's heart and mind a little bit.

How dare he claim to care about her and then take off just when things got a little messy? She had always been messy- It's not like she had deceived him on that front.

His political reasoning must've simply been a cover-up. Yes, there's no reason why an American man would care so much about the shifting politics in a country he did not consider home. It must've simply been an excuse to abandon her. To betray her.

She hated him.

Emcee sat in her dressing room, listening to her vent about how much she couldn't stand the man. He never quite understood his sister's level of sensitivity towards the actions of whoever the latest man of the hour was, though he was never cruel to her about it.

He figured she had something wrong with her psychologically, but didn't they all? Normal people didn't exactly end up working at the Kit Kat Klub.

"He's a horrible person" she said with such conviction that Emcee almost believed it. "He only ever wanted me for entertainment and always planned to leave as soon as he realized how crazy and broken I am. Every damn guy is the same anyhow. I can't believe I let myself fall for him, that rat"

"Now, schwester, I don't think a man from America is smart enough to plan that far ahead" Emcee reasoned with her. She rolled her eyes.

"I was so naïve, falling for his manipulative mind games. He's a trickster, that Cliff" she insisted. "A horrible, terrible trickster and I hope he gets hit by a car"

"Very well then" Emcee sighed and lit a cigarette. When Sally got like this, he knew there wasn't much point in trying to reason with her. Besides, it's not like it affected him any. Clifford wasn't in either of their lives anymore. "Bitte halten sie einfach ihren kopf gerade. Ich brauche dich in topform für den heutigen auftritt"

"Em, you know I'm not that fluent"

"Just don't cry on stage" Emcee told her. "Or, if you do, make it seem like it's a part of the act"

"Of course"