arcane (netflix) | overworked | jayce/viktor

Whumpay 2024: 10 Days, 40 Words prompt : "You look awful."
Whumpril 2024 prompt : Swaying
Wollemi Whump Event 2024 prompt : Carried
Febuwhump 2024 prompt : "I'm doing this because I care about you"
Hurtcember 2023 prompt : Fleeting
Whumptober 2023 prompt : "Sometimes I get so tired, I don't even know myself." (Seeing Double | Working to Exhaustion | "You look awful.")
Comfortember 2022 prompt : Losing Track of Time
Wespion's 12 Day OTP Prompt Challenge Extraordinaire! prompt : Bridal Carry
Bad Things Happen Bingo prompt : Barely Conscious

"You look awful"

Viktor looked up to look at the man who'd just insulted him. His vision was a bit fucked up from the exhaustion. Did Jayce have a twin?

"Fuck you" Viktor spat bitterly in response. Jayce rolled his eyes. "I look perfectly fine"

"Your eyebags are worse than they've been in a while" Jayce countered. "You need sleep, Vik"

"No, I'm okay"

"When was the last time you slept?" the Councilor asked.

Viktor thought over this for a moment. When was the last time he slept? He couldn't remember. Hell, what day was it? When did time slip from his hands and how could he overlook such a thing?

"I'm fine" Viktor deflected the question. Jayce sighed. Viktor wanted to die. Was Jayce disappointed in him, after all he'd done? "I've just been working on the Hexcore"

"You need sleep"

"I can hang on a little longer"

"Stand up, Viktor" Jayce instructed, handing the man his crutch. Viktor frowned.

"Jayce, what-"

"Stand up"

"Why are you acting like this?"

"I'm doing this because I care about you" Jayce replied. Viktor didn't understand what the goal here was, but he took the crutch and tried to stand up.

We wobbled as he did so and spots began to pop up in his vision. He was barely hanging onto consciousness and his mind and body were not in a position to support his full body weight.

Jayce saw the man sway for a second as his fleeting consciousness grew more and more thin until Viktor eventually fainted, collapsing into his arms roughly as his crutch clattered to the floor next to him.

Jayce sighed and picked up the frail man in his arms, bridal style, and carried him back to his quarters to properly lie him down in a bed.