frick! | tics | noel/alexa

Tourette's Syndrome Awareness Month 2024 : Write a fic about a character who canonically has Tourette's or tics
Whumpril 2024 prompt : Self-Doubt
Flowers of April 2024 prompt : Jasmine: Amiability
Flufftober 2024 Spring Edition prompt : Banter, Joking, Fun

Noel wasn't used to someone liking him regardless of his disability. That's part of what made Alexa so special to him, though that was far from the only thing.

She was also nice and pretty and funny and talented- The girl could sing, apparently. A part of him couldn't help but feel she was way out of his league, but he ignored that part of his brain and instead allowed himself to just be happy with her.

His tics tended not to be too bad around her. Her presence calmed him down so much that they were way less active, which he was grateful for. Of course, they didn't go away completely, but he appreciated the sort-of-break that her presence gave him.

Whenever they did get bad around her, she always did whatever she could to help, even if it was just wrapping her arms around him while the spasms and shouts ran their course.

She'd occasionally poke fun at him for his sillier tics, but he didn't mind. She didn't mean it in any sort of bad way, and he appreciated it to some level. She poked fun at everyone for everything and he and his tics were no different.

That's all he'd ever wanted, really. Someone who didn't treat him differently because of his tics.

Frick, she was just the best.