The Club

"Lacy are you almost done in there?" I hear Liam bang on the bathroom door.

"Yea Lace we're going to be late." I hear Daniel chime in.

"Oh come on there's no such thing as being late to a club." I say as I open up the door to find the Aussie and Kiwi drivers staring at me as I leave the bathroom.

"Looking good Lacy." Liam says with a nudge.

"Stop don't you're going to ruin my hair I spent hours on it."

"Trust us we know. We've been waiting for those hours. But yea you look lovely Lacy, if Dan were here he'd regret ever being a dick to you." Daniel says as he pulls me into a side hug.

"That's exactly what I like to hear."

A few of the drivers were heading out to celebrate one last night being here in Australia before heading out to rest for a few days before our next race.

This was the first time that I would be going out after Dan and I had broken up so I wasn't quite sure how to feel about it.

Lando was supposed to get ready with us but of course with our awkward falling out, things would be best if we just avoided each other for a while.

Besides, he was probably going to be there with Evelyn anyways so I wouldn't see him much.

"We're going to have so much fun Lacy I promise." Daniel's girlfriend Heidi says as she takes my hand to walk down the stairs out to the parking lot.

The couple drove separately as Daniel insisted on being the designated driver or sober person of the grid for tonight.

As for Liam and I we decided to walk as it would be too risky being recognized by a cab driver and them being weird about something.

"You gonna be ok seeing Lando tonight?" Liam says as I give him my heels to hold as we walk.

"Yea I think it'll be alright. I just hate seeing him with her and I don't know why."

Liam gives me a long smirk.

"No! No of course not Liam. I just... I don't know she's rude and I just hope she's treating him alright that's all. I care about my teammate."

"Oh come on Lacy, Lando is so much more than just a teammate. Gosh you two have been through so much already this season and are surprisingly very close."

"Ok fine, I care about my friend then."

"More like between friends." Liam scoffs as we turn the corner and the neon lights of the club on the corner illuminate our faces even though we are at least a few hundred steps away from the building.

"What?! We're friends, why are you so suspicious of that?"

"No reason Lacy, just wondering."

The rest of our walk is followed by silence.

But not the awkward kind.

The kind of silence that I can submerse myself in before I'm engulfed by a raging room of noise.

Heidi and Daniel were already waiting for us at the entrance of the club with Max, George, Carlos, Charles and his girlfriend Alex.

Then from the corner of my eye I spot my favourite brown curls.

Him and I don't exchange any words, only short subtle glances at each other.

He's here alone? Evelyn isn't clinging onto his side which is unusual.

As I walk into the club, the bass reverberates through my body, pulsating with the rhythm of anticipation.

With each step, I feel the crowd engulfing me, igniting a sense of euphoria as I immerse myself in the nights promise of possibility.