First Moon

My day picked up speed,school felt like it ended quickly after it started. I drove to my house to find a black Camaro in the driveway. As I made my way to the front door I saw him. Tall, jet black hair, leather jacket. Derek. "What a surprise, you're here for my first full moon" I said colilly "We have a half an hour. Let's talk?" his eyes were cold, a dark green, he looked at me like I was weak, I may be inexperienced but not weak . He grabbed my hand, bone-crushingly strong, as we walked into the woods away from the house. We walked until you couldn't see the entrance anymore. There was a swing, I sat down and he soon joined me. He stared daggers at me, he was criticizing everything about me, analyzing to see if it was a good idea to bite me. "So do you always wear a leather jacket?" I asked trying to lighten the mood "You just learned your a werewolf and your worried about your alphas fashion?" he said raising his eyebrow "Yes" I answered remaining serious. " An outfit is not going to save you in a fight or from being killed" he said grinding his teeth. "Well from being an ex-human, I guess, with supernatural friends. It sure as hell helps you blend in and not stick out as a target 24/7. It won't do much but it will buy yourself a couple extra minutes" I said "Understand this. They are going to find you and try to kill you and they are not going to stop at anything until they get want they want. So you need to be prepared and ready to kill at any time." he said, eyes flashing red. " I get it, I guess, I'm just indenile about how much danger I'm in...But you could use a little color in your wardrobe." I said laughing a little bit "That's a start" he said smiling for the first time in this conversation. Suddenly he said"Blair, Scott talked to me about you being in the hospital all the time, everything about you being a good girl and shit like that but I felt bad. So I went to the hospital and you know the rest." he said nonchalantly, reaching foreward put my hair, that had fallen into my face, behind my ear. Before he could go any further, I said "Derek, thank you.I know there will be times when it's hard...really hard. But it's better than being helpless,trapped in your own body, like before" His thumb circled my cheek idioly, he was kind, but I still didn't feel like I could trust him, yet." You'll just get stronger. We will start training tomorrow" " I'm part of Scott's pack and please move your hand " I said pushing his hand off of my face. When I pulled back I saw that claws had sprouted from my newly manicured hands, I looked at them curiously. They bent into sharp claws. "You going to be good at this, but your mine. I bit you, your my beta. Scott didn't bite you, I did."he said. We walked back to the house in complete silence. I started to get worried I had a bad feeling, half way towards the house "Derek what time is it?" I asked looking towards the sky, an orange hue filled the sky, sunset. We ran the rest of the way to the house, getting there as the moon was rising into the dark sky. Scott pushed Derek up against the wall and yelled "WHY WERENT YOU BACK SOONER!" Derek pushed him off a little to forcefully, slamming Scott into the stairs, both pairs of eyes glowing red. Scott, calmly brushed it off and came up next to me, coddlingly said " Your going to feel a lot a of pain try to focus on something happy and calming or the three things that can't be hidden long; the sun, the moon, the truth" ,he said the mantra multiple times calmly as he tied my hands and feet so I wouldn't hurt anyone. I felt like a prisoner. Derek came over to me, his eyes still glowed an eerie red.Colors started to swirl, just like in the hospital, I couldn't see the defined contour of his eyes anymore. I started to scream out in pain. He sat down trying to calm me down as I cried out" I never expected it to be this hard" I whimpered looking up at him, I felt claws sprout from my perfectly manicured nails, once again. Derek took the pain without a flinch. "It gets better it took me years. It will be ok" he whispered My nails began to dig into my palm, "How?" I whimper softly as crimson red started to pour from the wound, he took me into his strong embrace whispering close in my ear "I'll teach you" Within his embrace, shining in the limelight of the full moon, I slowly started to calm down.