"Stay the Night"

Wind blowing in my face, not daring to take a look back, I run to my car. I jump inside and drove mindlessly. Stopped in front of a house, overfilled with emotion, I slam my head down on the steering wheel. Tears trickle down the steering wheel onto the palm of my hand when I hear "Blair what are you doing?" the familiar voice sounded, Derek. "Nothing" I said trying to wipe the tears off of my cheek discretely  " Come inside" he said walking back in his loft. I slowly got out of the car and went into his house. "Nice place" I said as I made my way to a stool by his kitchen as he filed through the fridge, bringing out a two beers. I don't drink" I said pushing the bottle away "Werewolves cant get drunk" he said nonchalantly then opened the bottle with his teeth. "So you just like the burning sensation in your throat for no reason" I said raising my eyebrow "I thought you said you don't drink" he said smirking. I let him enjoy the fiery liquid alone. " So why were you crying?" he said taking a sip as he leaned against the granite countertop. I couldn't fathom the words, even to the person who would be the most excepting of it "Nothing pertaining to your interest" I said taking a sip of water I got. "You just wanted to be outside my house" he said staring at me with his eyes, a pale swirl of colors,hypnotizing entrapping my heart. "So where were you tonight?" he said after silence. I took a deep breath and a swig of the bitter healment " The graveyard...it's the anniversary of my mom" I said starting to choke up, a tear fell. "Sorry" he dead panned. I pushed away the tears before he added "Something els happened didn't it?" walking over, stopping  infront of me. He's taller than me , his broad shoulders and muscles clearly defined through his tight dark blue shirt. I shook my head "No", he lowered his head to my level as his eyes flashed red. "What happened Blair?" he finally said, after many agonizing seconds of him staring into my baby blue eyes and soul, I sniffled and said "Sorry it was a mistake coming here."I slipped out of his gaze and walked towards the door "Blair what happened?!" he said in a forceful tone. I creaked open the door "Blair what happened in the graveyard?" he said grabbing my arm holding me back strongly, I turned, his eyes full of worry "Tell me" he said one last time loosening his grip. I looked down then straight into his eyes, our hot breath mixed together with a lingering scent of alcohol "I killed him" I whispered, tears rushing down my face,running out of the house. Derek ran after me holding the door to my car open so I couldn't drive away. "Stay" he said strongly. I wiped off a tear and said " I have to get home" "Really to Stiles annoying you to find out why your crying uncontrollably." he said "It's already 1 Derek" I said looking up at him from my seat. He rolled his eyes then said "Stay the night". Confused I uttered "What" "Stay the night. We need to talk " he said after a sigh. I looked him up and down still confused I said "Ok" getting out of my car. We walked back into the house, following Derek into his bedroom. He shuffled through his brown dresser and turned towards me and said "Here" handing me a burgundy colored shirt and a pair of high black socks. "Thanks" I mumbled as I walked with them into the bathroom to change. I put on his clothes, they were a bit big even against my athletic frame, they barely covered my lace underwear, but they would have to do. I walked out of the room as Derek was finishing putting on a shirt. He smiled at me as we both walked and sat on the couch. He told me about Paige, his first love, how she died in his arms, most specifically how he killed her to stop the pain, therefore turning his eyes blue. "I'm sorry Derek" I said looking down at the cup of coffee I made for us before we started talking. "What you did was just self defense it wasn't killing an innocent person, he was trying to kill you" he said looking me up and down, I nodded and started to say "I just feel different, awful" "Guilty?" he said raising his eyebrows "Yeah. How..." I started to say relieved "I get that feeling every time I kill someone even if I know they have killed innocent people before" he said cutting me off "Im sorry Derek" I said lowering my head "Why?" he said confused "Being the Alpha. Feeling accountable for everyone, it must be hard and stressful you" I started "It's almost 4 I think we should get to sleep" he said getting up, clearly avoiding the subject. I got up putting the mugs of coffee away. I came back to find he had made up the couch, with a big blanket on it. "Thanks" I said about to sit and get settled "No you have the bed" he said selflessly "No Derek" I objected before he commanded "Go". I sighed and got into him bed, a waft of his scent over took me, I looked at the king sized bed and back at the small couch. "There's enough space for the both of us" I said he turned his head over to me  as I snickered and said "I won't bite" smirking. "But I might" he said quickly "Derek. Different blankets. Back to back." I finally said "Ok" he agreed to after a long silence. He turned off the lights and got into bed, we laid their in silence "Goodnight" I muttered before I closed my eyes falling asleep to the sound of his deep fast breaths.