Paige

Booming thunder awoke me. The yellow, gold lightening lighting up the room. I shifted in the bed, I could hear the sound of Derek's soft snores. I turned to get out of the bed when Derek's arm wrapped around me pulling me back in close to him. He contorted his neck to fit in the crook of mine, his stubble softly tickling my cheek, as I laid paralyzed. A wave of sadness hit me as he mumbled "Paige...Stay" I held my tears back. Conflicted within his tight embrace, I decide as I snuggle into his chest, hearing the soft pounding of his heart, while mine raced for miles. Falling asleep cautiously, within his strong warm embrace, I finally felt safe.

I craned my neck to the window I could see heavy dark clouds dominating the sky, I slowly tried to release myself from Derek's grasp without awaking him, moment after moment of frustration past until I finally got out. He reach out, like grasping for life, a reason to live. Feeling guilty, I decided to make him breakfast even though it was no way to makeup for the pain I knew he was enduring in his slumber. I put on my dress from last night, and neatly folded his shirt and placed it in his dresser. The cold wooden floor was chilly to walk apon, so I kept on the socks. Slowly closing the door to not awake him, only to be scared by an unfamiliar voice "Who are you pretty lady?" "My name's Blair" I said as I turning only to be surprised by a man who was a few years older than Derek draped on the couch. "Peter" he said from his location smiling. "Well I was going to make some breakfast do you want any Peter?" I said walking into the kitchen, "Sure" he deadpanned. I smiled to myself as I got everything ready to make pancakes. I tried to stay quiet so I didn't wake Derek or disturb Peter and whatever he's doing. I made simple pancakes and sprinkled some blueberries into the batter that I found in the refrigerator. I put the pancakes onto a plate, once I was done cooking all of them and yelled "Peter" forgetting that Derek was still asleep. He walked into the room with Derek tagging along "What are you doing" Derek said groggily "I made pancakes" I said excitedly while trying to find syrup in the cabinet "I like this girl" Peter said grabbing a pancake but Derek continued to frown. "Don't be such a sourwolf Derek." I said smiling the. taking a bite out of a pancake "You really are Stiles sister" he said with a slight smile, his white teeth barely visible. I handed him the plate of pancakes "How did you sleep?" he said before taking a bite "Good and yours?" I said trying to find my purse "Great actually" he said then Peter interjected "I would feel great too if I slept with her" I growled as I walked past him. I walked close to Derek and said "Seriously are you ok?" looking into his eyes with concern before starting to the door "Yes. I'm fine what's you problem?" he said standing up from his seat following me to the door"It's more like your problem not mine" I said continuing to walk. I turned only to find his confusion filling his eyes, I stood on my toes as I leaned in towards his ear and whispered "My names Blair. Not Paige" my lips grazing his ear as I spoke. I pulled away smirking looking into his confused, shocked eyes before I walked out of the door.