Always

Using all my strenth, I slowly opened my eyes, only to find a pair staring back at me. "What are you doing here?" I croaked "Protecting my investment" Derek said with a slight smile. "Where am i?" I inquired trying to sit up. I looked around I was on a bed,he was avoiding my eyes. "Why" I said starting to panic, I looked down, my whole abdomen was covered in bandages. "You weren't healing fast, you got some really good shots at Kate but she had berserkers..." "No I remember that stuff. I mean what happened to my stomach?" I asked breathily he frowned if it was possible for him to be more surely at the time. He broke the silence " You got shot" "Why aren't I healing? Why aren't i in a hospital?"I said scared looking down at the blood soaked cloth. "Calm down" he said grabbing my hand , putting it in his. My hand fit in his they we were large and warm,encasing my hand in his, heating up my cold ones, but it didn't calm me down. "Why!?" I screamed, tears were welling up in my eyes "Why?" I was starting to break down in tears, I was sitting on Derek's couch without Scott or anyone. He took a deep breath and said "The bullet was tipped with wolfsbane. I was able to save you by finding a bullet and burning the ashes into the wound. The wound will heal just slower than usual." I took me a minute to calm down, Derek swiped the tears off of the face while I collected my thoughts. I started to get up, when I yelped in pain. "Lay down it's ok" he said leaning me back onto pillows so I was a little bit elevated. He was getting up to leave the room when I said "Derek will you stay with me?" he started coming back over. He slide next to me and placed his arm around me, so I was practically laying in his chest, curled in a ball, trying to lessen the pain. I was slowly fading into a sleep, my thoughts drifting away, I have to believe that I heard him heard whisper "Always".