four

JUST LIKE my old routine back home, I have already begun venting out what I feel about Tribeca High to my dad. It was a normal routine between me and my dad and I feel it helps me psychologically to prevent me from going insane. Back at home, I vented to him openly and used names because I trusted him not to tell anyone and he never did so I felt comfortable with my dad.

"Not to be stereotypical dad but I can't believe how much Tribeca High resembles a high school movie." I vented. "You can like watch Mean Girls and their high school has the almost exact people in Tribeca."

He sipped his coffee. It was the weekend, and breakfast was just between the both of us because Peter is being lazy and sleeping in whereas the twins and mom are out for a playdate. "Give me some examples."

"How corporate can you be?" I laughed. "So basically we have your cheerleaders, ninety percent blonde with long hair and an attitude that irks me. And you wouldn't believe how many of them fawn over Peter like seriously, eyelash batting and hair twirling every time I see them."

My dad let out a hearty laugh. "I can't blame Peter, he's definitely got the good genetics from me." My dad teased. "That's how I got your mom who was an amazing cheerleader back in her time."

I couldn't help but roll my eyes. "That explains her random perky moments and oh dad, please don't tell Peter that otherwise he'll never let me hear the end of it." I said. "Continuing with the people in my school, we have your jocks. Big, buff and quite scary looking. Naturally three quarters of them lift weights and play football whereas the other quarter are either running about at soccer or another sport like track."

He raised an eyebrow at me. "I'm in a state where I should be amused at how teen movie your descriptions sound and I'm also worried at how you are giving me statistics."

"I do my research well?" I chuckled humorously. My dad just shook his head, laughing into his coffee as I walked back upstairs. Changing out of my pajamas into a t-shirt and shorts, I rolled about my bed and sniffed my comforter again. Yup, still smelt like him.

Grabbing my phone from my bedside table, I scrolled through a playlist of songs and blasted Taylor Swift on max. I can't help but listen to Taylor Swift all the time because her songs and lyrics just get me so much and mainly, every teen girl's idol is Taylor.

"But she wears short skirts, I wear t-shirts, she's cheer captain and I'm on the bleachers." I sang jumping up and down a little, singing into my hairbrush. This was because this song was one of my favourites and it's a good feeling to be up and about jumping around and singing into my hairbrush; it is also because I wanted to wake Peter up out of sheer annoyance.

Looking up from my intense hair flipping and jamming, I saw Connor standing at his window with his phone held up in recording position. He stopped the recording to laugh at me, I can tell from the distance.

"You didn't see much, right?" I added the right at the end in hopes that he didn't see much, or even record it for that matter. All he did was smirk at me and threw his phone up and down. Oh no. That's it for my life here in California, two embarassing videos of me all kept safely out of my reach. It has only been a week, God knows what could happen next. I'm going to pack myself into a box and shipping myself to Madagascar to hide in a jungle for eternity.

Crawling under the window, I pulled the shut and the curtains to cover my room. My cheeks were hot with embarassment as I made my way to my bed where I want to curl up into a ball and just hide. Peeking from my covers, I saw my pile of books that looks like a hazard to my clumsiness so I decided, what the heck, let's start arranging them.

Dad promised to build me a new mounted bookshelf but I know it's all going to be from IKEA. Coincidentally, each one of our rooms all had a bookshelf which was great as we were all massive book hoarders. I hopped downstairs to get myself an old cloth to wipe the bookshelf and thankfully, it wasn't in a bad condition, the white paint slightly chipping off but that's alright.