COS - | 03 |

✦ .  ⁺   . ✦ .  ⁺   . ✦

——

The rhythmic rumble of the train gradually subsided, signaling their arrival at Hogsmeade Station after an arduous eight-hour journey. Y/n, still a little groggy from her nap, stirred at the gentle shake of her brother, Cedric.

"Wake up, Y/n. We've arrived." Cedric whispered, a hint of excitement in his voice.

Y/n blinked sleepily and peered out the window, her gaze meeting the quaint railway station that served the enchanting village of Hogsmeade. As she stretched out her arms, she noticed a slight weight tugging at her side—her beloved dog, Coco.

"Coco can't come with you just yet." Cedric informed her. "First years take the boats to Hogwarts."

"Wait what? What about you?" Y/n's eyebrows furrowed.

"Horseless carriages for years two through seven." Replied Cedric. "Only you little first year types get the fancy boat ride."

"Hm. Bet." She couldn't help but grin at the thought. She looked down at her dog and back at Cedric "But where will Coco stay?"

Cedric flashed her a reassuring smile. "Don't worry, I'll find him a place. Just hand me his leash, we'll meet back at the castle anyway. Now, let's go."

With a nod, Y/n reluctantly handed Coco's leash to her brother. "Make sure his bow stays in place." she pleaded.

Cedric chuckled and nodded. "Consider it done."

The siblings disembarked the train, navigating their way through the bustling aisle as students eagerly made their way out. As they reached the platform, her and Cedric separated ways, and y/n felt a twinge of unease. Her social anxiety hitting. She was a little lost as her eyes scanned around.

"Firs' years firs' years! Come along! This way!" boomed the voice of Hagrid, the half-giant gamekeeper.

Hagrid noticed her and nodded his head in acknowledgment. Y/n waved at him with relief as she joined the procession of first years, following them to the edge of the sparkling lake.

Soon, they all reached the mesmerizing black lake. "Firs' years, it's time to board yer boats!" Hagrid's thunderous voice echoed over the water. The other boats were already packed, leaving their hearts pounding with a mix of nerves and excitement.

Just as Y/n's anxiety threatened to consume her, a voice cut through the clamor. "Hey! Over here!" A boy with unkempt brown hair and a camera clutched in his hand called out, waving enthusiastically.

Y/n's head snapped up, spotting the alone boy sitting slightly behind the other boats. A wave of relief washed over her. "Gladly." She flashed him a grateful smile.

As she approached the boat, a pang of awkwardness settled over her as she sat across from him. Her gaze involuntarily dropped to the water.

The boy chuckled, breaking the silence. "Colin Creevey's the name. And you're...?"

"Y/n. Y/n Diggory." She replied, offering him a handshake.

"Nice, Y/n. I thought I was gonna be stuck ridin' solo in this boat." Colin said with a laugh, adjusting his camera strap.

"Smile!"

Y/n jumped in surprise and was caught off guard as a blinding flash illuminated the boat. "Whoa, what was that?" She exclaimed, shielding her eyes.

Colin lowered the camera sheepishly. "Sorry 'bout that. I get a bit camera-happy sometimes. You're the first person in my collection by the way."

Y/n raised an eyebrow, a bit surprised. Also felt a little special. "Really? Uh.. well — next time, do let me know before you unleash the flash mob." She replied and smiled, her voice gentle. "It's blinding."