COS - | 12 |

✦ .  ⁺   . ✦ .  ⁺   . ✦

——

Halloween arrived, the crisp of november had settled into hogwarts. It was a time when the veil between the living and the dead grew thin, casting an ethereal glow over the ancient corridors of Hogwarts.

Y/n, once again distanced herself for the past weeks for some reason, her presence fading like a gentle whisper. Returning to her dormitory immediately after each class, even skipping Harry's Quidditch practices. Her once-familiar face had become a rarity to them since they don't see her often anymore.

"That girl is...no... like a ghost. Why does she rarely shows up anymore."

"Do you miss her already?— Maybe, just admit already that you had a teeny tiny very little crush on y/n."

"Shut up Ron...."

It had been more than a month since the inexplicable scar had appeared on her wrist, leaving her more perplexed than ever and no one truly knows the meaning of it.

But she puts those worries aside, especially that in a month, she will be finally turning eleven. The thought made her smile. Maybe, things would start to make sense once she crossed that threshold.

Finally, summoning the courage to break out of her isolation, Y/n emerged from the shadows for the Halloween feast. She slipped into her black robes and ventured out into the bustling Great Hall.

Her breath hitched in her throat as she walked in. The hall was a kaleidoscope of spooky cheer: bats fluttering overhead, Hagrid's colossal pumpkins transformed into lanterns that could house a trio of giants, and whispers of Dumbledore hiring dancing skeletons for the entertainment.

"Ah, it's a deathday party." Y/n muttered to herself, remembering Harry's words.

A smile spread across her face when she saw her friends, Harry, Ron, Hermione, Colin, and the Weasley siblings, sat animatedly in the usual gryffindor table, their voices blending into the cheerful din of the hall.

Observing them, they hadn't noticed her, yet, at least. But Y/n realized that there was no space, or at least none saved for her. With a resigned sigh, she took a seat a little way apart from them. She did understood them though.

"Must because of my distant self."

"Hello, litte girl!" A voice suddenly snapped her out her deep thoughts.

She immediately turned her head to her right side, a pretty fourth year, dark-skinned girl with brown eyes and long black hair that was often braided, looked at her.

"Angelina johnson if you don't know." The girl said with a smile. A member of the gryffindor quidditch player, she recognized her face.

"Hi! Y/n Diggory." She smiled back. Then she gulped and turned her head to the other side, her eyes widening as she met the familar face of the quidditch captain.

"You seem lost in thought." Oliver wood said, taking a bite of his apple. "First years should really be enjoying their first halloween feast."

"Uh... yep, I am." Y/n replied, glancing at the empty plate in front of her. "Just got here a bit late."

"Late? It hasn't started yet." Oliver said with a chuckle.

Angelina chimed in, "Yeah, we haven't even really eaten yet. Just these old fruits." She took a bite of her green apple.