COS - | 16 |

✦ .  ⁺   . ✦ .  ⁺   . ✦

——

Two days later. Y/n and Colin just finished their flying class and they walked their way through the enteance hall. She spotted her brother, cedric with his usual friends, gathering around. There were also familiar faces - Harry, Ron, Hermione - all engrossed in reading a piece of parchment that was pinned up.

Two second years, Seamus Finnigan and Dean Thomas, spotted them and beckoned them closer, their faces practically bursting with excitement.

"Right, you two little first years, listen up." Seamus boomed, his voice full of nervous energy. "They're starting a dueling club! Fancy that, eh?"

Colin's eyes widened in delight. "A dueling club? Can we join yet?" He practically vibrated with anticipation and Y/n nudged him.

Dean, who was standing next to Seamus, chuckled. "Right, no chance, Creevey. You two are still too green behind the ears for this sort of thing. But you'll get there, don't you worry."

"Alright then, no worries. I'll just have to wait 'til next year then, I guess." Colin said, his voice tinged with disappointment and y/n found it amusing.

"So, when does this dueling club start?" Asked y/n casually.

"First meeting's tonight! You can watch if you want." Seamus replied, grinning.

Y/n nodded, absorbing this information, of course she will watch, especially that her friend Colin looked so eager.

"By the way, Dean thinks you're..." Seamus started but Dean shoved his elbow into Seamus's ribs, cutting him off with a playful glare.

"Shut your gob, Finnigan!— R-right, we've got to go!" Dean said, his cheeks reddening slightly. He gave Y/n a sheepish grin before dragging Seamus away with him.

Y/n furrowed her brows in confusion as she watched them silently arguing until they're out of her sight, and Colin staring at her with his eyebrows raised.

"Does Dean fancy you?" Colin asked, his voice dripping with mischief as he wiggled his brow.

Y/n shot him a deadpan look. "Why are you asking me?"

"Y/n!"

Her older brother, Cedric appeared beside her, giving her cheek a playful squeeze. "How's my little sis doing?"

Y/n, startled by his sudden appearance, was momentarily blinded by the flash of Cedric's grin. Behind him, his two friends, Karl and Justin were smiling.

"I'm good. Heard there's a duelling club tonight, nice." she replied, giving him small smile, returning an awkward wave from his two friends.

"Yeah, we're all talking about it." Cedric said, his eyes gleaming. "Just so you know, they're not letting first years join just yet. You'll have to wait till second year."

"Yep, I heard." Y/n nodded, her gaze drifting to the castle entrance. "But me and Colin are gonna go watch, anyway."

"Right, right." Cedric replied, giving her a quick peck on the head. "Be careful, yeah? Don't go getting yourself into trouble."

His two friends waved as they turned to go. Karl ruffled Y/n's hair playfully before joining them, their gentle laughter echoing through the corridor.

"Hello, Y/n, Colin!"

A familiar voice cut through the air. Y/n and Colin turned to see Harry, Ron, and Hermione walking up behind them, the trio looking every bit as curious as Y/n herself.