Chapter 1 - Snow Peas Stuffed with Shrimp Paste

When the three names, "Jungkook," "Mingyu," and "Taehyung" ended up actually being used in all the promotional work, Rose's dauntless perseverance and determination in getting Wanmei's top three names, especially "Jungkook," had Lisa in complete reverence.

Then, Lisa heard the real reason and finally understand that the girl was just a lucky devil.

Wanmei's anniversary celebration and Rose's website's anniversary celebration coincidentally happened to fall on the same day. Wanmei's anniversary celebration was a huge event. All of their CVs would make an appearance, regardless of whether they were an old or new artiste with the group, and would participate in the program. Supposedly, Jungkook had heard there would be a few cover singers of ancient style songs present, so he suggested doing a storyline song and including a video and radio drama to go with it. When Lisa heard this news, her heart stopped beating for several seconds. If Jungkook could deliver the spoken lines, she could not even imagine how much better the storyline song would be.

As an amateur cover singer, this was a great temptation.

However, while she was still letting her imagination roam, Rose very inconsiderately added, the person speaking the monologue for the storyline song was not him but rather, Wanmei's boss and leader, Mingyu [Perfectly Beautiful Killing Intent]. Only then did Lisa calm down slightly.

But, Mingyu also had an extremely captivating voice!

If one was to disregard personal preferences and taste, he and Jungkook could evenly divide and share the CV world. Unfortunately, Mingyu was too easily approachable, making Jungkook's low profile approach actually the greatest part of his appeal.

Since she had several small things to take care of at home lately, Lisa was not living on campus at the moment. As a result, she was late by a full half an hour for the first planning meeting at eight o'clock that evening. Fortunately, her part did not require her to worry at all. They had someone for directing, planning, writing lyrics, marketing... Basically anything that might required, they had it fulfilled. In these early stages, she was there purely for the sake of it.

When she entered the room, she could hear one of the three big names, Taehyung [Elegant Ode], speaking. His voice had a natural laughter in it. "As for me, my time is the most free. Mingyu and Jungkook are the hard ones to gauge."

"Me?" Mingyu answered. "I'm don't have much time for 'PIA-ing script'. Should be no problem if I just record my lines myself."

"Don't you have the lines in the storyline song?"

"Lines?" Mingyu seemed puzzled. "Who's singing?"

"This..." Rose's voice was surprisingly soft and girly. "We have several candidates, but a decision hasn't been made yet."

Lisa was tidying her desk while she listened to Rose speak.

She was mildly suspicious about Rose's tone of voice. What was going on with that kid? Where was her usual domineering and aggressive quality?

She had not turned on her microphone and merely listened in as everyone discussed.

The whole time, she did not hear Jungkook's voice amongst them. Well, DaRen should be really busy. He probably left for a moment.

"Someone just arrived?"

All of a sudden, a voice spoke in a low, unhurried tone. It was a little unclear and muffled, as if eating something. But it was precisely that indistinct quality that made it overwhelmingly delightful and melted the soul.

Luckily, today's meeting was for work and therefore, besides the dozen or so people present, there were no fans.

Otherwise... probably... the text screen would have been "scrubbed" so much and been scrolling down insanely with enough love declarations to topple mountains and overturn seas.