Chapter 53 (Final Chapter) - "Long Term Meal Voucher"

Overconcern will cause you to lose your cool and have unclear thinking.

Station after station went by. The metro's distinctive sound of friction against the tracks as well as its unique smell inside the train car all caused her to feel more and more unsure about which destination she should go to. Fortunately, when she was holding her phone in her hand, she remembered Rose. With the approach of just finding one person at a time, she called Rose.

Clearly, this postgraduate girl was even idler than she was. When she picked up the phone, she sounded as if she had not woken up yet.

And also, there was a sense that she was talking furtively...

"Are you able to get ahold of Mingyu?" Lisa was in no mood to ask her why she was acting like she was a thief.

"Him, um... Not necessarily. Something urgent?"

"Mm-hmm." She cut to the chase. "His phone is shut off, and I'm not sure the reason. I want to find him and I can't... I don't know if I should go to the hospital or his home. That's why I want to ask Mingyu if he's home or not."

Mingyu worked from home, so asking him would, of course, be most effective.

"Oh, you're looking for Toupai. Maybe he'll be turning on his phone soon..."

Rose was dragging out her voice, and it was not clear what she was thinking...

"But I'm on the metro already." Lisa exhaled lightly. "The next stop will be his home."

"Huh? So urgent? What's wrong?" Rose noticed that her mood seemed rather downcast.

"Nothing... Just that, I happened to hear that their hospital has a patient with some sort of infectious disease and many medical personnel have been temporarily quarantined. I was already a little worried, and now, I can't even get ahold of him... But based on the time, he should be off now, so I decided to just go have a look."

"Toupai is such a good person, how could he have such bad luck, right?" Rose lowered her voice. "I guarantee you, Jungkook is absolutely fine. He may have just forgotten to charge his phone..."

......

Lisa finally discovered that there was something a little abnormal about Rose. Based on her familiarity with her as her roommate of four years, something was definitely amiss!

"How can you guarantee?" She started to turn the tables and question Rose.

"In any case..."

"Have you seen him?"

"......"

"Rose?" Lisa's tone was steely.

"Fine, I give in to you... Come over. I'm at Mingyu's place. Jungkook seems to be sleeping..."

Just as she thought ( ⊙ o ⊙), ah!

The anxiety and fear she had felt in those twenty-plus minutes just a short while ago were now completely swept away. She also could not be bothered at the moment with finding out the gossip on how Rose's secret relationship with Mingyu had reached the stage where they were having a date at his home. The metro happened to be pulling into the station right then, and with bag in hand, she ran out, swiped her metro card, exited the station, crossed the street, and entered his community compound.

It was a hard sprint the whole way. When she pulled out the key and opened the front door of Jungkook's home, there was sweat on her forehead.

The living room was quiet, like there was no one home. Her eyes glanced at Mingyu's door, which was tightly shut. I won't bother with you right now, hmph hmph... She walked up to the door of Toupai's room but then heard the noise of water from the bathroom, so she turned and followed the direction of the sound.