Chapter 7 - Sauteed Black Pepper "Little" Ribs (2)

Lisa shut off her computer and threw herself onto her bed. Hugging her blankets, she started rolling around, back and forth. It was like her blood vessels had all completely burst. Her mind was filled with nothing but this amazing cast of people. It was practically the most desired line-up that she had been hoping for her entire life, k?

She was so thrilled she did not even hear her mobile phone until it had rung countless times.

When she picked up, it turned out to be the person she had just said goodbye to in the YY room: Rose.

"Congratulations, Friend Lisa."

She laughed and asked what was going on and why was she calling so late.

"Actually... uh... I wanted to have a heart-to-heart chat with you."

"Heart-to-heart chat?" Lisa was puzzled. "We see each other everyday — eating, sleeping, going to class together — and you never wanted any heart-to-heart chats. How come now we're on holidays, just past Lunar New Year, and you start to have matters on your heart?"

On the other end of the phone, the other party started to hem and haw.

Her intuition told her this was an issue revolving around love. An issue regarding love? Then there was a high chance it had to do with that Wanmei Group Leader DaRen.

Sure enough, Rose would start to say something, then stop, and finally, after several times of this, she confessed that she had just had her first-ever-in-history WeChat session with Mingyu. It was a purely personal, purely for friendship session. All he had done was merely tell her a ghost story, and she had fallen into bliss and was now unable to sleep.

Lisa was about to die laughing as she listened to this. Mingyu most definitely did not tell her just an ordinary ghost story. It was obviously one from Strange Tales of Liaozhai about the ghost with the painted skin who would steal a person's soul.

"Friend Rose," Lisa said in a low tone so that her mom, who was watching television in the living room, would not be able to hear her. "Have you turned completely into a voice lover?"

"Huh?" Rose was quiet for two seconds, and then she, too, lowered her voice. "It seems, perhaps, maybe... yes."

"If a guy is ridiculously handsome but his voice sounds bad, would you like him?"

"I think, it seems... no."

"If a guy is sweet and considerate but his voice sounds bad, would you like him?"

"Probably... not."

"If a guy is filthy rich but his voice sounds bad, would you like him?"

"No... no, I wouldn't."

"Congratulations! You have made the complete transformation into a voice lover."

Lisa breathed out a long sigh, and, in a somewhat mournful voice, she stated, "If a guy's voice sounds bad and his standardized Mandarin pronunciation is not correct, but he wants to spend an entire lifetime with you... Oh, how painful that would be."

Rose had previously scoffed at her views on this, but now she was fully in agreement.

Not handsome? But as long as he was clean, that was good enough. Not sweet? Well, he could be taught. And nowadays, if you did not have money, you could still work hard and earn lots in your career......

However, if his voice sounded bad...

Simply unimaginable!

As these two voice lovers came into agreement, they had completely forgotten why Rose had made the phone call in the first place.