Chapter 3 - Clear Noodles in Beef Curry Soup (1)

It was the last day of the New Year holiday.

Mom and Dad had gone to Grandma's house. It was ten o'clock by the time Lisa arrived at the grocery store to help her cousin with closing and told him she had other activities that night. Her cousin was a guy who was completely unfamiliar with the things of the 2-D world, except for playing Sword 3, and really could not comprehend this lifestyle in which everyday, she would lock herself in her room and babble away alone, or the instant she stepped through the door, she would go hang out with a bunch of weird software and tune away at its sounds continuously.

Lisa could not be bothered to explain and got ready to add up the total sales for the day.

She had just opened up the cash register when she heard a "ding dong" sound signaling an unexpected customer. It was a young man dressed in a black down jacket and jeans. Without saying anything, he walked in and stepped around the boxes that Cousin had just moved there to block additional customers from coming in. He was wearing black gloves, and now he removed, stuffed them in his pocket, and grabbed a bottle of mineral water from the cooler.

Lisa's dog that she had brought from home enthusiastically ran over and looked over this stranger.

She stared blankly at Cousin. Normally, at least seven or eight boxes were used to block the door, but just now, Cousin had been so preoccupied with talking to her that he had only moved two. It was not unreasonable, therefore, that this person would think they were still open for business. Cousin looked on helplessly as well and addressed the man, who was half a head taller than him. "We're closed now. Would you be able to hurry and bring your things over to checkout?" When he finished speaking, he reached over and with a bang, closed the cash register in front of Lisa again.

The young man was very cooperative and hurriedly walked over to place the items in his hands on the counter: a bottle of water, a package of crackers, and a bottle of yogurt. The yogurt was the type that had large chunks of fruit.

"13.60 yuan." Cousin speedily quoted the total price, took the bill of money, and returned the change.

Lisa went to the side of the counter, picked up her dog, and glanced over curiously at this man who liked to drink yogurt with fruit chunks. A very clean-looking man. His eyes were surprisingly beautiful – outer corners turned up slightly, very large, and monolid.

Lisa unconsciously recalled what was written in the physiognomy books she read. Boys with this type of eyes were usually very focused, and once they committed to something, they would not easily give it up. This was especially true in work and relationships, where they were particularly stubborn and persistent...

When she looked at him, he was putting the change back into his wallet. He suddenly seemed to think of something, and his brows creased together slightly, causing the outside of his eyes to turn upwards a bit more...

Realizing that she was examining him a little too closely, she quickly lowered her head and petted her dog.

The door let out another "ding dong" and slid open. The customer had left.

Each day, many people came and went through the grocery store, and because it was across the street from the district hospital, business was especially good. When she was watching the store, in just one day, she would see so many of this type of man that it was too numerous to count. But, this man alone caused Lisa, an absolute voice lover, to suddenly imagine curiously what it would be like if he were to open his mouth and speak.

Of course, it was only a thought.

When she returned home, she discovered that Rose was online in QQ.