Chapter 6 - Sauteed Black Pepper "Little" Ribs (1)

Lisa pulled off her headphones in despair. Soon, she was trembling with excitement as she started to carefully select songs, in case she would need them later. She chose, for example, songs that were not meaningless, had a limit to how embarrassing they were, or had a beautiful melody and lyrics... to try to rescue her image.

Next time, she needed to be more aggressive, to confidently and in a justified tone, tell Toupai Da'Ren, "Da'Ren, I am going to sing this song for you..."

After she had seven or eight BGMs (background music) prepared, she finally calmed down somewhat.

"Lisa, what stage have you and Toupai progressed to?" Rose's tone was also calm as she asked.

"Huh?" The way Lisa looked at her was like she was staring at a ghost.

"You guys locked yourselves together in a little room and had a private rendezvous. Aren't you afraid his fans will take headshots at you?" Rose shook her head and sighed lightly, "A tall tree attracts the wind [criticism always follows the famous]. Low-profile. You guys totally need to keep a low-profile."

She suspected that Rose must have held those comments in for a long time. After finally getting the chance to say what she wanted to say, in an extremely delighting-in-someone-else's-troubles manner, she kicked the wastebasket back to its original location, picked up her wallet, and headed out for dinner.

Lisa thought for a minute, then glanced over her Weibo page again.

It pained her to do so, but she deleted the status, "Taking song requests" from her personal profile... After all, she was being followed by Toupai Da'Ren, and she should at least leave him some face, mm-hmm. But, she honestly was just an unknown. And she honestly liked to sing. And there was honestly no one requesting her to sing. And she honestly wanted to "take song requests."

In silence, she closed the webpage. Because she was being suspected of "hugging a thigh", she pondered whether or not she should be more careful when requesting collaborations.

For Toupai's reputation, mm-hmm, Lily, you had better exercise some restraint.

However, after this little episode, she and Jungkook did not have much interaction.

Each year, the winter holidays were always accompanied by the Spring Festival holidays.

Many of the people who had a part in the anniversary celebration did not have much time to be online after they had gone home for the holidays, or else their internet connection was too slow. As a result, they arranged to have one last internal meeting on February 1st at a specified time to finalize the program for the anniversary celebration.

Then, they would need to divide up the work amongst themselves and begin preparations.

Because it was nearing the Spring Festival, Lisa's family grocery store would close especially early. Practically, once the sky grew dark, they would close up.

On little Lunar New Year, she deliberately went to help out with closing and by chance, happened to see an argument taking place across the road. Standing behind the glass door, she threw a few looks in that direction. Since the store was near the hospital, every now and then, disputes between doctors and patients could be seen, so she was accustomed to it. However, this time, she saw a familiar face. It was the young man who had bought the fruit chunk yogurt that night.

The reason why she noticed him was because he and the three others with him had clearly become the target of attack. At the moment when Lisa recognized him, someone had grabbed the clothes of the woman on his right. He reached over to block away the offender ... And while he was blocking, a punch landed on his face.