Chapter 34 - Floured Beef Steamed in a Cup (4)

Amidst the waves of comments pouring onto the screen, the background music finally switched over to "Overturn the World."

When he opened his mouth, the first word he sang was already the chorus of the song:

[1:07] "This picture of a blood-stained landscape, how can it even compare to the vermilion mark between your brows?
I have overturned the world, but so what? In the end, it is no more than a fleeting moment of opulence ––"

Blood has stained the land, yet in the end, it cannot even compare to a single backwards glance cast by the beautiful maiden.

The world. The beautiful maiden.

The beautiful maiden. The world.

His high notes coupled with the accompaniment easily brought out the feeling of an emperor's aura, one of indifference to the entire world as he looked down upon the country's thousands of miles.

Lisa did not even dare breathe as she listened to him. All of her senses were captivated and led by his voice, and she instantly fell into this sorrowful story. Soon, his one voice joined together with the other three.

Jungkook's tenor voice combined with Jian Jian's clear voice, plus the other two singer's harmonies...

Truly too perfect!

These four people. These four gorgeous voices. That was truly what it meant to overturn the world.

The song was nearing its end. At the last part of the song, all of the music and voices unexpectedly ceased.

Lisa was taken aback for two seconds.

And then suddenly, the background music started again.

The sudden silence and then sudden emotionally charged accompaniment captured everyone's heart.

His voice finally appeared again to give this song, "Overturn the World" its perfect conclusion:

[4:02] "In my dreams, standing upstairs, under the moonlight, is you, your face still the same as before.
Brushing the snow off our garments, we stand side by side and look upon the vast world –– "

Stand side by side and look upon... the vast world.

She suddenly remembered that day in the recording studio when he had stood beside her. Those eyes, black like they had been dabbed with ink, and so beautiful they took your breath away...

"I can't take it anymore." Die Die turned on her microphone again, her voice charged with excitement. "Jennie, let's trade. My association's Wu Meng for your Toupai? Wait, no, let's throw in Eunwoo too. Exchange, two for one, how about that?"

"That's a little too unfair to you," Jennie burst out in a giggle. "Die Die, why don't you just quit your association and come join Wanmei?"

Alright...

Even she was used to it by now.

Jungkook was always the subject of all the jesting and teasing.

......

All throughout this exchange, Jungkook had not made a sound, and even his microphone indicator was off. Lisa noticed this and found it rather odd... She sent a private message over to him: Busy?

Jungkook: Mm. Have to get offline soon. Something's come up.

Lily: Hurry off then ^^

Jungkook: Go have fun yourself for a while. When I'm done, I'll give you a phone call.

Phone call...

(⊙v⊙) Um, phone call, right... K, she had only been his girlfriend for a few hours, so she still needed to work on her ability to react. Lisa quickly typed a smiley face.