Chapter 45 - "Splendid" Rice with Pickled Vegetables and Pork (4)

She could see her mother's expression start to change to one of anger, and she honestly felt she was going to faint. Beside her, Jungkook was extremely calm and gently nudged her in the back, signaling that she should bring him to formally pay respect to auntie.

I... am not completely mentally prepared for this yet, ah...

She was weeping inside of herself as she walked up and, in a quiet voice, said, "Mom... um... this is my boyfriend..."

She did not dare look at mother's face, absolutely did not dare, AAAAH, k? ...

"Auntie, how do you do?" His voice had instantly changed, almost like he was an entirely different person. The doting and teasing from a moment ago were completely gone, and replacing it was a simple sophistication and composure that straightaway calmed people's hearts. "My name is Jungkook."

"Mm... hello." It was absolutely a – 30oC type of icy voice.

"Please do not get the wrong idea. I'm a doctor here in this hospital," Jungkook said with a smile, directly cutting through that layer of awkwardness and clarifying. "I just brought Lily here to meet my cousin-sister. She is going abroad tomorrow for further studies."

"Ah... a doctor." Uh, the temperature had risen to +30oC... "Little Jeon, you work in OB/GYN as well?"

How come he had become Little Jeon? T.T ...

Lisa finally dared to look straight at her mother and her little aunt[1], who had come for her prenatal check-up. Little Aunt's eyes were very nosily fixed upon Jungkook...

"No, in cardiology." Jungkook's deep black eyes were shining. So indescribably gorgeous. "On the seventh floor."

"Cardiology... Cardiology is good." The temperature of her exalted mother's voice skyrocketed, and her whole face beamed delightedly as she pointed at the pregnant woman beside her. "This is your little aunt. I came here with her for her prenatal check-up. You don't need to be polite and formal, just address her directly as Little Aunt."

"Yes, yes, don't need to be polite," Little Aunt smiled, an expression of complete approval on her face. "Just call me Little Aunt."

How come he could address her straight as Little Aunt? T.T ...

Unrivalled allure, indeed... No problem just nonchantly and completely winning over two old aunties, ah...

Right at that moment, Somi had also finished off her work at hand, and seeing this scene, she immediately understood what was going on. She quickly strode over. "You must be Lily's mother? How do you do, Auntie? I'm his cousin-sister and also one of the OB/GYN doctors here." As she was introducing herself, she noticed Little Aunt with her pregnant belly. "I should call you big sister, right? Or..."

Right away, Little Aunt's age was dropped down by an entire generation...

Little Aunt was beaming like a blossoming flower. This was an obvious compliment that she looked young. The family of this neice's future husband really knew how to flatter... "Call me Auntie, just like Lily, even though I am younger than my big sister by more than a dozen years."

"Then I'll call you Auntie." Somi immediately took Little Aunt's hand in her own. "I am so sorry, Auntie. I will be leaving the country for studies tomorrow, so I cannot personally take care of you. I will recommend you to a doctor who is especially experienced."

"Oh, that would be too much trouble for you."

"How could this be considered trouble? We're family."

......

......

How come they were family now? T.T ...