Chapter 46 - "Splendid" Rice with Pickled Vegetables and Pork (5)

"These last few years, because of work, I have had to turn down all kinds of proposals. Some were from old friends, some from new people. I believe it is difficult for a person to be able to always treat everyone equally and fairly. The ways of the world are unavoidable and will get in the way. So," Jungkook chuckled, "tonight all I want to say is, hereafter, I hope my old friends will let me off the hook, new people will give other CVs a chance, and you can all gradually forget about me."

His words had been spoken very discreetly and mindfully, but they were also very heartfelt.

But... how could they possibly forget him?

Even though any sort of entertainment circle will have its ups and downs during its establishment, those will not prevent it from becoming better and better. And those people who arose with the circle in the very beginning and became famous in it will also be written into the first volume of this entertainment circle's history books.

Although Jungkook had been very tactful, he was also very clearly stating that, because of his work, he would not be accepting any more invitations to work on online projects. In the future, if you wanted to hear his voice, it would have to be through the mainstream platforms.

And perhaps... the opportunities to hear him on those mainstream platforms would be less and less, too...

Lisa was also feeling a deep sense of sadness, as if tonight, they were bidding farewell to that era that had once had Jungkook.

A sudden, simple love confession that had come like a secret being uncovered followed by words that were bidding farewell to the entire online entertainment circle. Her heart was following Jungkook, like it was suddenly being flung up and then unexpectedly being dropped back down — even more exciting than riding a roller coaster...

She thought he would do as he always did and turn off his microphone and then leave.

But unexpectedly, background music began playing. Unlike normally, on this night when he was giving his farewell, he presented this song to the listeners without any warning.

There were no opening pleasantries, no unnecessary remarks at all.

These last ten years, he had always been as such. No need for debate or hype, everything said with just the voice...

When his voice made its appearance in their ears, it seemed so ethereal and elusive that it caused people's hearts to palpitate. This was completely different from the other songs he had sung before:

"Like morning dew on the orchid cactus [epiphyllum], so near, yet so far.
It is said, the Yellow River meanders, but in the end still flows eastward.
An 8000 year old jade suddenly fades overnight.
I ask Heaven, what is the purpose of this life?
Where the wind blew last night, who can count the petals that fell?
Under the vastness of the heavens, I dance with my shadow in the wind.
Who can share in everything with me?
Beneath the age-old Big Dipper, in a palace of beauty but cold with solitude,
It is better to be a loving couple, wandering the world together for all our lives."

This was "Cha Na Fang Hua Qu" [A Song of Fleeting Beauty; more accurately A Song of those Fleeting, Most Beautiful Years].

His voice was grand and majestic, rising above this heartrending song, as if he truly had seen "an 8000 year old jade suddenly fade overnight" and "danced in the wind with his shadow under the vastness of the heavens"......

A moment of fleeting beauty...

Such a suitable song for him.

This last decade of his most beautiful years were merely a moment, like the snapping of fingers.